What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Business - game discussion

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Found an annoying bug. I moved my weaving factory into storage to make room so I can move some of my buildings around. Afterwards, I tried to replace the weaving factory from storage and it says I have insufficient population, forcing me to hit the next population cap just to place it down again. I clearly had enough population before putting it into storage.

Anybody else try this and had this happen too? So be warned, don't store your factories in the storage unless you don't plan to use them again for awhile.

Well, it happened to me now. I inadvertently "stored" my farm this weekend by just being too quick and tap-happy, and couldn't bring it back because of low population, which was complete rubbish (because my population levels were high - so I had to go on a major entertainment buildling spending spree to get it back. Painful. To prevent this happening, I just placed to two small buildings in storage to block up the space.

Chloe11111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Passenger Comfort:
Leave men Alone:
Number of the Beast:
Marble Businessman:
No Excesses:
Ingrate:
Home, Sweet Home:
Cowboy is my middle name:
Sushi lover:
Romantic:
Bookworm: build 10 bookstores
Sweet tooth:
Caffeine junkie:
Fast food lover: build 10 hot dog stands
Lover of tropics:
Farmer: Build five farms
Tennis Aficionado: Build 10 tennis courts
Vitamin Maniac:
Yum yum yum:
Beaver buddy:
Cheeeese:
The fever got me:
I don't need this territory: obtaining all territory in a 3x3 square except the middle one.
Dictator:
Uniter of Nations:
In the event of war:
Radiant business:

Chloe11111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Passenger Comfort:
One fell swoop: launch 5 trips simultaneously
Leave men Alone:
Number of the Beast:
Marble Businessman:
No Excesses:
Ingrate:
Home, Sweet Home:
Cowboy is my middle name:
Sushi lover:
Romantic:
Bookworm: build 10 bookstores
Sweet tooth:
Caffeine junkie:
Fast food lover: build 10 hot dog stands
Lover of tropics:
Farmer: Build five farms
Tennis Aficionado: Build 10 tennis courts
Vitamin Maniac:
Yum yum yum:
Beaver buddy:
Cheeeese:
The fever got me:
I don't need this territory: obtaining all territory in a 3x3 square except the middle one.
Dictator:
Uniter of Nations:
In the event of war:
Radiant business:

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone find the "special quests" (like the thanks giving one) unrealistic in terms of time? I cannot dedicate 6 days of non-stop play to this game, and I've not come even close to the completing the thanks giving quest. I've built all the buildings, but collecting the items is impossible unless you build stacks of them... I think I'm going to stop trying on these now. They're just annoying.

uberjuicey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh yeah. Those holiday quests are there to get you to spend some cash to get that super building at the end. Even if you stayed awake 24/7 playing constantly, you couldn't make it given the time constraints. I think the only hope for us who don't spend any real money is if they repeat the same holiday quests year after year. Maybe in a couple years, I'll be able to get that super turkey building.

P.S. Protip. The sweet waffle cafe that costs cash to build is totally worth it. I saved up all my cash from level ups, then waited for the 30% off building sales then bought it. It produces waffles that sell for $9100 every 20 minutes. And it only requires dough and sugar to make. That's over 27k in an hour, minus the initial costs of course. Totally worth it in my opinion.

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At least there's consensus on the quests - a total waste of time and effort.

As for the waffle cafe - I agree that it's a great money spinner - but it does take time to produce the dough (times two) and the sugar (times three); it is the best producer of quick cash though in comparison to the other stuff out there...

uk_kiwiguy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
New update available in the app store. Looks like we're heading into a christmas based quest/challenge.

Also available are three new industrial buildings once you've attained the necessary level and a new university building.

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
New update available in the app store. Looks like we're heading into a christmas based quest/challenge.

Also available are three new industrial buildings once you've attained the necessary level and a new university building.

I built the two Xmas challenge buildings, but there's nothing that can be done with them at the moment... I guess GI are waiting to 'launch' the quest.

uk_kiwiguy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What 2 challenge buildings are they and where did you find them. Some have them and some don't. I fall into the some don't category.

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What 2 challenge buildings are they and where did you find them. Some have them and some don't. I fall into the some don't category.

There's an ice fortress and a Chistmas sled - the sled does nothing, while the ice fortress says you need to collect letters "from the sled" that santa brings every eight hours... but nothing happens!

They were just purchasable (and quite cheap) in the shop - can't miss 'em.

Last edited:
OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is the Xmas quest working for anyone? I can't collect anything.

Sugarmagnolia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I get radiant business achievement? I bought dollars to buy the shop they had in the picture and didn't receive the achievement award.

To get the romantic achievement build 10 romantic places.

Sugarmagnolia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just looked for the sled in the shop and it isnt there...double checked for an update and there isn't one. .??

Last edited:

Sugarmagnolia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me but with a mill. It was hard times in my town for a while. I didn't move it into storage on purpose though, I clicked to collect coins too fast.

Most reactions

Latest posts