What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Business - game discussion

Sugarmagnolia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that kiwiguy - I'll keep buying up territory then to get started. It sounds a tad painful, given that you need six pumps to get it running for 12 hours; and this no doubt means a garage upgrade and more trucks (which ain't cheap).

I agree that it's not worth it. I've been doing just fine without it and it seems to only be needed for 1 achievement and for upgrading entertainment buildings.

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How do I get radiant business achievement? I bought dollars to buy the shop they had in the picture and didn't receive the achievement award.

To get the romantic achievement build 10 romantic places.

What exactly is a "romantic place"?

Scrap that - found it.

My question is that each of these items (such as romantic place of palm tree) take up one building allocation - so can I build and destroy or do I need to have all 10 on the map at the time?

Last edited:
OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just looked for the sled in the shop and it isnt there...double checked for an update and there isn't one. .??

Looks like GI may have screwed up again... I purchased the ice fortress (which was supposedly required for the Xmas task) - I dumped it on a spare piece of land while I waited for a new land acquisituon to finish, and the joke is that when you select this building you can't move it (or destroy it), so it's randomly placed in my game now... very annoying.

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Updated based on the last comments:

Passenger Comfort:
One fell swoop: launch 5 trips simultaneously
Leave men Alone:
Number of the Beast:
Marble Businessman:
No Excesses:
Ingrate:
Home, Sweet Home:
Cowboy is my middle name:
Sushi lover:
Romantic: build 10 romantic places
Bookworm: build 10 bookstores
Sweet tooth:
Caffeine junkie: building 10 coffeehouses
Fast food lover: build 10 hot dog stands
Lover of tropics: build 10 palm trees
Farmer: Build five farms
Tennis Aficionado: Build 10 tennis courts
Vitamin Maniac:
Yum yum yum:
Beaver buddy:
Cheeeese:
The fever got me:
I don't need this territory: obtaining all territory in a 3x3 square except the middle one.
Dictator:
Uniter of Nations:
In the event of war:
Radiant business:

Last edited:

Sugarmagnolia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Caffeine junkie is building 10 coffeehouses. Sorry I'm not typing this into the list, my iPad is cooperating when I try to copy it.

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Caffeine junkie is building 10 coffeehouses. Sorry I'm not typing this into the list, my iPad is cooperating when I try to copy it.

I have built more than 10 (and demolished them), so I suppose they must be on the map at the same time.

Sugarmagnolia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone has a sun cafe and uses the quarry, would you try upgrading that building to see if the upgraded version of that building is the radiant achievement? It's driving me nuts! I don't have the quarry truck and I don't have room in my garage to get it now or I'd do this experiment myself :)

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If anyone has a sun cafe and uses the quarry, would you try upgrading that building to see if the upgraded version of that building is the radiant achievement? It's driving me nuts! I don't have the quarry truck and I don't have room in my garage to get it now or I'd do this experiment myself :)

I've got four sun cafes and a quarry - I've upgraded two of them, but it's not 'solved' the radiant achievement - do you think it's maybe building 5 or 10 of these buildings.

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Radiant business achievement is build 2 solar cafes.

I've just gone through the shop and don't see solar cafes under entertainment buildings... am I missing something?

uk_kiwiguy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In the shop they're called Sun Cafes, but i see from a previous post you already have four of them.

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In the shop they're called Sun Cafes, but i see from a previous post you already have four of them.

This is very odd then - I have four of these, and haven't been able to complete the radiant quest :(

Did you upgrade any of yours?

uk_kiwiguy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No upgrades, both are stll at level one. Think you may need to submit a ticket.

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Passenger Comfort:
One fell swoop: launch 5 trips simultaneously
Leave men Alone:
Number of the Beast:
Marble Businessman:
No Excesses:
Ingrate:
Home, Sweet Home:
Cowboy is my middle name:
Sushi lover:
Romantic: build 10 romantic places
Bookworm: build 10 bookstores
Sweet tooth:
Caffeine junkie: building 10 coffeehouses
Fast food lover: build 10 hot dog stands
Lover of tropics: build 10 palm trees
Farmer: Build five farms
Tennis Aficionado: Build 10 tennis courts
Vitamin Maniac:
Yum yum yum:
Beaver buddy:
Cheeeese:
The fever got me:
I don't need this territory: obtaining all territory in a 3x3 square except the middle one.
Dictator: Refuse/turn down 500 citizen requests
Uniter of Nations:
In the event of war:
Radiant business:

Most reactions

Latest posts