What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Business - game discussion

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello fellow Big Business Gamers!! I only started playing this game about a month ago and have a lot to learn! This forum has been extremely helpful with the secret awards and all the other tips and tricks I've read to far. I'm very happy I found you guys!

Does anyone have any advice for a new player? Suggestions on what achievements to shoot for first? What buildings are really helpful in the beginning and what can wait until later in the game?

I'm guessing the leave me alone award is better to do early on in the game? I only have 2760 people in my town... But how exactly do I go about getting it down to zero? I sent out a taxi, but that only holds a few people.

Thanks so much for your help! Any advice for a newbie would be great!

I found that building a lot of farms early on helped - I now have five, and would like to have a lot more because I tend to produce a lot of farm-related stuff to make quick money.

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Effiel Tower quest for anyone who wants to know; So I didn't think of writing this down sooner but here are the steps I know

10 Lime stone + 10 iron beams (visiting friends)
Admin building + 2 lvls & purchase 3 regions (both of these have to be done while the quest is on your sidebar...)
25 Newsletters + 500 energy
10 trowels + 10 working workers
10 granite + 12 silver beams (visiting friends)

Finally got my 10th beam and my game didn't crash this time... so it's upgrading which means that admin buildings upgrades and land acquisitions are next - what fun.

Sugarmagnolia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
marsm said:
I'm getting a tad annoyed - two days to get my last steel beam - get back to my city and the game crashed... so still on the hunt.

I'm on the next task....25 magazines from newsstands and 500 energy from that blue bar on the top. Got the 500 energy no problem. The magazines? So annoyed...I have 5 newsstands and only collected 6 over two days. ...

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sugarmagnolia said:
I'm on the next task....25 magazines from newsstands and 500 energy from that blue bar on the top. Got the 500 energy no problem. The magazines? So annoyed...I have 5 newsstands and only collected 6 over two days. ...

You're kidding.. I need newest sands again... Demolished all of mine a while back... This is going to suck again...

GAB IV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
marsm said:
You're kidding.. I need newest sands again... Demolished all of mine a while back... This is going to suck again...

I went through that with the coffee shops and pools. Think of it as working the achievements. There are achievements for demo of structures. You are working those.

I'm on the admin and land buys nows, but will look at adding news stands now in advance. Thanks all

uberjuicey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newb advice: get the 666 and 0 population achievements early. I was lucky (relatively) and only had to count down from 17k population,compared to others. Use a combo of taxis/buses and helping townspeople that walk around to help you reach exactly 666.

Do the "I don't need this territory" 3x3 achieve earlier than later when purchasing land is cheap, or do it with the Eiffel Tower quest.

Don't rush to build every production building that unlocks right away. It's tempting because you want that shiny new building but chances are it'll just end up sitting there because you have no trucks, no space in the warehouse or you didn't make enough farms, etc to actually feed it. Build that extra farm or ranch instead. You'll be grateful later. I personally have 4 farms, 2 mills, 2 ranches, etc - more early game production to help feed the late game buildings.

My economy revolves around feeding my sweet waffle cafe. You can check out my earlier post if interested. I'm only level 34 and make about $250k a day. But your mileage may vary depending on what buildings you have and how much you play. My highest production building built is furniture factory. There are 4 production buildings I've unlocked but never built. On the other hand I have 2 warehouses (60 slots) and 70 trucks so my buildings are always running, even when I sleep.

And lastly, make a "gaming" twitter and Facebook account for those related achieves. Your friends will thank you for not spamming them with big business tweets and posts all day long. Also nets you free cash from those "visit facebook" quests.

Sorry for the long post. Hope it helps. If you're like me and don't buy online cash, every little bit helps.

Sugarmagnolia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
uberjuicey said:
Newb advice: get the 666 and 0 population achievements early. I was lucky (relatively) and only had to count down from 17k population,compared to others. Use a combo of taxis/buses and helping townspeople that walk around to help you reach exactly 666.

Do the "I don't need this territory" 3x3 achieve earlier than later when purchasing land is cheap, or do it with the Eiffel Tower quest.

Don't rush to build every production building that unlocks right away. It's tempting because you want that shiny new building but chances are it'll just end up sitting there because you have no trucks, no space in the warehouse or you didn't make enough farms, etc to actually feed it. Build that extra farm or ranch instead. You'll be grateful later. I personally have 4 farms, 2 mills, 2 ranches, etc - more early game production to help feed the late game buildings.

My economy revolves around feeding my sweet waffle cafe. You can check out my earlier post if interested. I'm only level 34 and make about $250k a day. But your mileage may vary depending on what buildings you have and how much you play. My highest production building built is furniture factory. There are 4 production buildings I've unlocked but never built. On the other hand I have 2 warehouses (60 slots) and 70 trucks so my buildings are always running, even when I sleep.

And lastly, make a "gaming" twitter and Facebook account for those related achieves. Your friends will thank you for not spamming them with big business tweets and posts all day long. Also nets you free cash from those "visit facebook" quests.

Sorry for the long post. Hope it helps. If you're like me and don't buy online cash, every little bit helps.

You can also just hit cancel on the Facebook and Twitter post- still counts as a "post". That's what I've done and I've received both twitter and FB achievements. I set my FB account to not allow posts or photos from the game so the same idea works for the snapshot photo tasks.

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My economy revolves around feeding my sweet waffle cafe. You can check out my earlier post if interested. I'm only level 34 and make about $250k a day.

That's a LOT of waffles :)

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can also just hit cancel on the Facebook and Twitter post- still counts as a "post". That's what I've done and I've received both twitter and FB achievements. I set my FB account to not allow posts or photos from the game so the same idea works for the snapshot photo tasks.

Very sneaky of you :)

GAB IV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
uk_kiwiguy said:
88,000, i've got no chance. I'm over 200,000

88k is now 80k. Key for me is to remove the roads around my housing. Thereby a stray hit does not grow back the population. I also stuffed my building inventory so I don't accidentally put an industrial building there that I can't put back because population too low.

Sugarmagnolia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GAB IV said:
88k is now 80k. Key for me is to remove the roads around my housing. Thereby a stray hit does not grow back the population. I also stuffed my building inventory so I don't accidentally put an industrial building there that I can't put back because population too low.

Under the settings icon is a toolbar that allows you to turn off the blue people icon...I'm not sure but maybe that will also help from adding more people. I'm too far into my city for those achievements :( wish I knew about it earlier!

OP
marsm

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will complete my admin building and regions in a few hours... then the slog of the newsletters begins... gonna build some newsstands when I acrue some cash; what's the 500 energy for and how do you 'gather' that?

scooteriggy2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will complete my admin building and regions in a few hours... then the slog of the newsletters begins... gonna build some newsstands when I acrue some cash; what's the 500 energy for and how do you 'gather' that?

The 500 energy is the energy from the energy bar. You will get that easy enough but the newsletters are a pain. I had days without getting one. Just need 1 more and it is taking a bit to get it. Good luck.

mcbane

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@uberjuicey - those are good tips, wish I had them when I started.

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this thread, it's been a good resource. I had a couple of questions.

Has anyone purchased the Sombrero Restaurant? Its really expensive, but 9920gp in 15 minutes looks really good, but I want to know what the inputs are. I am not really doing anything with social media, etc at the moment and I don't want to spend any money on the game either, so my city credits are very limited and don't want to waste them.

Also, how do you buy the buildings that pop up in the blog? I can't find them anywhere on the app, but I could be in the wrong place.

Sugarmagnolia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mcbane said:
@uberjuicey - those are good tips, wish I had them when I started.

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this thread, it's been a good resource. I had a couple of questions.

Has anyone purchased the Sombrero Restaurant? Its really expensive, but 9920gp in 15 minutes looks really good, but I want to know what the inputs are. I am not really doing anything with social media, etc at the moment and I don't want to spend any money on the game either, so my city credits are very limited and don't want to waste them.

Also, how do you buy the buildings that pop up in the blog? I can't find them anywhere on the app, but I could be in the wrong place.

Look on the right hand of your screen for those buildings. Today the perfume shop is above the bundle of dollars.
I bought the Waffle House when it was on a sale instead of the sombrero place and the $9000+ every 15 minutes changed the game for me. If you can afford the building, get it!

Most reactions

Latest posts