What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Ipad2 pillow as I have a friend who is bedridden that needs one.

luvbugipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would appreciate if anyone could tell me of the best place to buy an Ipad pillow... link or website as I have a friend who is bedridden and needs one badly as he can barely sit up in bed. I have seen several different types online but it is hard to tell. Thanks much appreciated.

Last edited:

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lots of people, me included, like the Wedge-E. Just google "Wedge-E." It's very light weight (about 8oz) and holds the iPad (or a Kindle) at a comfortable angle for viewing. I use it bed and on my lap. However, if your friend can "barely sit up in bed," he/she may want a device that holds the iPad above the bed so it can be viewed while lying flat. There are several such devices. (Can't comment on how well they work.) One that has gotten a lot of attention and positive reviews is the iProp. (Look it up as you'd guess, i.e. iprop.com.) However, it is considerably more expensive ($100 vs $30) than the Wedge-E.

OP
L

luvbugipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just saw the wedge today lots of positive feedback on eBay too:) Awesome...Thanks.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi luvbug...I was home sick for a couple days with flu and I used my travel pillow pet. The one that folds up and is in the form of an animal! I know, I am an adult--but they fit perfectly under my head when reading! For the occassion when I was sick, I placed my pillow pet against my lap to use as a backing to support my iPad. Worked great--just a thought!

OP
L

luvbugipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Skimonkey....Thats funny...my daughter has a unicorn pillow pet hmmm interesting:)

OP
L

luvbugipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think I am going with the wedge-e as my friend can keep her smart cover on with it too. I was looking at the ty pillow too but she would have to remove her smart cover so I didn't like that. I looked on you tube and saw several like that.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think I am going with the wedge-e as my friend can keep her smart cover on with it too. I was looking at the ty pillow too but she would have to remove her smart cover so I didn't like that. I looked on you tube and saw several like that.

I think your friend will like the Wedge-E. It's very versatile, has a simple, elegant design, and works with tablets and e-readers of all kinds.

Padeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would appreciate if anyone could tell me of the best place to buy an Ipad pillow... link or website as I have a friend who is bedridden and needs one badly as he can barely sit up in bed. I have seen several different types online but it is hard to tell. Thanks much appreciated.

Consider a BWEASEL iPad stand. It is very light weight, it attaches to the iPad and functions as a built-in easel. Any pillow can be used to support it and your friend can lay on his side and view the iPad in portrait or landscape position. The Bweasel iPad stand is also very affordable.

OP
L

luvbugipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
LOL--by chance is your daughter's unicorn pillow pet, purple!!! I liked that one also!! :eek:

LOL... You know your pillow pets and yes it is a purple unicorn;)

mppl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I Never heard of such a thing as an iPad pillow...

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
luvbugipad2 said:

There is another pillow that you can get and it's called the i-prop also. It's not the iprop stand, which I do have and is just great for lying in bed with the iPad. You can check this one out at www.i-prop.net. They have a video on the web page also that will show you more about it. I hope your friend gets better soon.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is another pillow that you can get and it's called the i-prop also. It's not the iprop stand, which I do have and is just great for lying in bed with the iPad. You can check this one out at www.i-prop.net. They have a video on the web page also that will show you more about it. I hope your friend gets better soon.

Thanks for clarifying, Leelai. The 'iProp' is a gooseneck stand. The "i-Prop" is a a pillow-like support for the iPad. The confusion between the two has come up before. I'm sure it's a PITA for the manufacturers as well as for consumers.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
Thanks for clarifying, Leelai. The 'iProp' is a gooseneck stand. The "i-Prop" is a a pillow-like support for the iPad. The confusion between the two has come up before. I'm sure it's a PITA for the manufacturers as well as for consumers.

Lol There's actually another one called the iprop too, it's sold in our Apple stores here. It's a small easel like metal holder. It sure did confuse me no end when I was trying to find mine. I wonder what will happen when they all claim the name as theirs alone.

adam_chicago

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This summer, I searched all over for a good pillow/cushion iPad stand. I tried a few, I even bought the IPEVO Cushi. While many were a step in the right direction, none of them really hit the mark as far as: being comfortable to use, holding the iPad securely even when moving around, and having a few different orientations/angles to rest the iPad on... SO, I built my own and my iPad has rarely left it since. I ended up making a few more for friends, mostly those who had kids who used their iPads all the time and were worried that their child may drop and break their iPad since the currently available holders don't really lock the iPad in... It was a huge hit with my friends AND their kids, so I'm selling them now. Professionally manufactured here in Chicago.

It's called "The CushPad". Google it, Check it out and let me know what you think!

Most reactions

Latest posts