1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Best Ipad2 pillow as I have a friend who is bedridden that needs one.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by luvbugipad2, Nov 7, 2011.

1. luvbugipad2

luvbugipad2 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would appreciate if anyone could tell me of the best place to buy an Ipad pillow... link or website as I have a friend who is bedridden and needs one badly as he can barely sit up in bed. I have seen several different types online but it is hard to tell. Thanks much appreciated.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  2. jsh1120

jsh1120 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Lots of people, me included, like the Wedge-E. Just google "Wedge-E." It's very light weight (about 8oz) and holds the iPad (or a Kindle) at a comfortable angle for viewing. I use it bed and on my lap. However, if your friend can "barely sit up in bed," he/she may want a device that holds the iPad above the bed so it can be viewed while lying flat. There are several such devices. (Can't comment on how well they work.) One that has gotten a lot of attention and positive reviews is the iProp. (Look it up as you'd guess, i.e. iprop.com.) However, it is considerably more expensive ($100 vs $30) than the Wedge-E.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. luvbugipad2

luvbugipad2 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was just saw the wedge today lots of positive feedback on eBay too:) Awesome...Thanks.
  4. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,023 / 0
    Hi luvbug...I was home sick for a couple days with flu and I used my travel pillow pet. The one that folds up and is in the form of an animal! I know, I am an adult--but they fit perfectly under my head when reading! For the occassion when I was sick, I placed my pillow pet against my lap to use as a backing to support my iPad. Worked great--just a thought!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. luvbugipad2

luvbugipad2 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Skimonkey....Thats funny...my daughter has a unicorn pillow pet hmmm interesting:)
  6. luvbugipad2

luvbugipad2 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Think I am going with the wedge-e as my friend can keep her smart cover on with it too. I was looking at the ty pillow too but she would have to remove her smart cover so I didn't like that. I looked on you tube and saw several like that.
  7. jsh1120

jsh1120 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    I think your friend will like the Wedge-E. It's very versatile, has a simple, elegant design, and works with tablets and e-readers of all kinds.
  8. Padeasel

Padeasel iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Consider a BWEASEL iPad stand. It is very light weight, it attaches to the iPad and functions as a built-in easel. Any pillow can be used to support it and your friend can lay on his side and view the iPad in portrait or landscape position. The Bweasel iPad stand is also very affordable.
  9. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,023 / 0
    LOL--by chance is your daughter's unicorn pillow pet, purple!!! I liked that one also!! :eek:
  10. luvbugipad2

luvbugipad2 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL... You know your pillow pets and yes it is a purple unicorn;)
  11. mppl

mppl iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I Never heard of such a thing as an iPad pillow...
  12. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,324 / 0
    There is another pillow that you can get and it's called the i-prop also. It's not the iprop stand, which I do have and is just great for lying in bed with the iPad. You can check this one out at www.i-prop.net. They have a video on the web page also that will show you more about it. I hope your friend gets better soon.
  13. jsh1120

jsh1120 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Thanks for clarifying, Leelai. The 'iProp' is a gooseneck stand. The "i-Prop" is a a pillow-like support for the iPad. The confusion between the two has come up before. I'm sure it's a PITA for the manufacturers as well as for consumers.
  14. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,324 / 0
    Lol There's actually another one called the iprop too, it's sold in our Apple stores here. It's a small easel like metal holder. It sure did confuse me no end when I was trying to find mine. I wonder what will happen when they all claim the name as theirs alone.
  15. adam_chicago

adam_chicago iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    This summer, I searched all over for a good pillow/cushion iPad stand. I tried a few, I even bought the IPEVO Cushi. While many were a step in the right direction, none of them really hit the mark as far as: being comfortable to use, holding the iPad securely even when moving around, and having a few different orientations/angles to rest the iPad on... SO, I built my own and my iPad has rarely left it since. I ended up making a few more for friends, mostly those who had kids who used their iPads all the time and were worried that their child may drop and break their iPad since the currently available holders don't really lock the iPad in... It was a huge hit with my friends AND their kids, so I'm selling them now. Professionally manufactured here in Chicago.

It's called "The CushPad". Google it, Check it out and let me know what you think!