Best Ipad2 pillow as I have a friend who is bedridden that needs one.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by luvbugipad2, Nov 7, 2011.

1. luvbugipad2

luvbugipad2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I would appreciate if anyone could tell me of the best place to buy an Ipad pillow... link or website as I have a friend who is bedridden and needs one badly as he can barely sit up in bed. I have seen several different types online but it is hard to tell. Thanks much appreciated.

#1 luvbugipad2, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  2. jsh1120

jsh1120
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Lots of people, me included, like the Wedge-E. Just google "Wedge-E." It's very light weight (about 8oz) and holds the iPad (or a Kindle) at a comfortable angle for viewing. I use it bed and on my lap. However, if your friend can "barely sit up in bed," he/she may want a device that holds the iPad above the bed so it can be viewed while lying flat. There are several such devices. (Can't comment on how well they work.) One that has gotten a lot of attention and positive reviews is the iProp. (Look it up as you'd guess, i.e. iprop.com.) However, it is considerably more expensive ($100 vs $30) than the Wedge-E.

3. luvbugipad2

luvbugipad2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I was just saw the wedge today lots of positive feedback on eBay too:) Awesome...Thanks.

4. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi luvbug...I was home sick for a couple days with flu and I used my travel pillow pet. The one that folds up and is in the form of an animal! I know, I am an adult--but they fit perfectly under my head when reading! For the occassion when I was sick, I placed my pillow pet against my lap to use as a backing to support my iPad. Worked great--just a thought!

5. luvbugipad2

luvbugipad2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi Skimonkey....Thats funny...my daughter has a unicorn pillow pet hmmm interesting:)

6. luvbugipad2

luvbugipad2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Think I am going with the wedge-e as my friend can keep her smart cover on with it too. I was looking at the ty pillow too but she would have to remove her smart cover so I didn't like that. I looked on you tube and saw several like that.

7. jsh1120

jsh1120
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I think your friend will like the Wedge-E. It's very versatile, has a simple, elegant design, and works with tablets and e-readers of all kinds.

8. Padeasel

Padeasel
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Consider a BWEASEL iPad stand. It is very light weight, it attaches to the iPad and functions as a built-in easel. Any pillow can be used to support it and your friend can lay on his side and view the iPad in portrait or landscape position. The Bweasel iPad stand is also very affordable.

9. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    LOL--by chance is your daughter's unicorn pillow pet, purple!!! I liked that one also!! :eek:

10. luvbugipad2

luvbugipad2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    LOL... You know your pillow pets and yes it is a purple unicorn;)