What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading in bed - Needing a Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbroberts2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i love this stand for bed, lap, hanging, anywhere

i found this stand and it is the bomb. I use it anywhere and everywhere because the legs are bendable and will wrap around anything.

Attachments

• IMG_20110823_114118.jpg
    IMG_20110823_114118.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_20110823_114040.jpg
    IMG_20110823_114040.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 471

ipadaviator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
read in bed

hi all,

im a pilot and bought an appstrap for my ipad for when i fly. turns out it's great for reading in bed too. there are even these tilt pad things that you can use to give the screen a little angle up or down.

its really neat. i don't know if im allowed to put thier url on here but you can look them up. oh, maybe that's what the trackback is for??

hope that helps.

j.d.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i found this stand and it is the bomb. I use it anywhere and everywhere because the legs are bendable and will wrap around anything.

I assume this is the GorillaMobile Yogi for the iPad. It's a clever product and I've used some of their other products for photographic work. They work quite well for the intended purpose.

A couple of problems, though. The Yogi is a combination polycarbonate back case and flexible legs. You have to use the back case. If you don't care for it, have another case already, or want to use a SmartCover, you're out of luck.

JOBY GorillaMobile Yogi for iPad - Flexible iPad Case and Stand

cbroberts2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I assume this is the GorillaMobile Yogi for the iPad. It's a clever product and I've used some of their other products for photographic work. They work quite well for the intended purpose.

A couple of problems, though. The Yogi is a combination polycarbonate back case and flexible legs. You have to use the back case. If you don't care for it, have another case already, or want to use a SmartCover, you're out of luck.
Some other reviews mentioned those also but I'm glad I didn't listen plus I researched a lot before I bought anything. I skinned the case which is super lightweight. I researched the weight too because what would be the point to adding bulk. That was one reason I didn't want a book type case. I still use my smartcover and even with evernote Peek and it works well IMHO.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some other reviews mentioned those also but I'm glad I didn't listen plus I researched a lot before I bought anything. I skinned the case which is super lightweight. I researched the weight too because what would be the point to adding bulk. That was one reason I didn't want a book type case. I still use my smartcover and even with evernote Peek and it works well IMHO.

So, are you saying that the Yogi case/stand works with the SmartCover? If so, my apologies for the misinformation.

mich1986

iPF Noob
Reaction score
itab grip's accessories give you the option to stick your ipad to the wall or connect your ipad anywhere. pretty cool. it's not yet available though.

cbroberts2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So, are you saying that the Yogi case/stand works with the SmartCover? If so, my apologies for the misinformation.

Oh no problem at all. I think someone reviewed on youtube and just didnt like the product but to be objective, yes you can use the smart cover. I have an authentic apple smart cover and i use it in the same manner i did before I got the yogi. I guess it all boils down to preference and i just use the darn thing everywhere; in the car, at work, at home, outside and it is just so neat in my opinion to bend in every angle imaginable. Now i can get in a comfortable position in bed and use my ipad. Just thought i would share because i was so grateful to this forum for directing me to the perfect app for connecting to my work. So glad to put citrix and all the issues i was having with it to rest :)

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Targus Versavu Cover and stand it's all in one. It swivels 360 degress and if you landscape the iPad the bottom of the cover becomes a little table of sorts. It is $59.99 but worth it. I love mine and I sit in bed or on the couch swivel it around and it sits on my lap. Worth a look.

Padeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Targus Versavu Cover and stand it's all in one. It swivels 360 degress and if you landscape the iPad the bottom of the cover becomes a little table of sorts. It is $59.99 but worth it. I love mine and I sit in bed or on the couch swivel it around and it sits on my lap. Worth a look.

It is always good to see someone satisfied with their iPad accessory. I would suggest that anyone looking for an iPad stand for use around the home and in bed to consider the Bweasel iPad stand. It may give you everything you need and more for less then half the cost of other accessories. Plus, it only weighs 3 oz.

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It is always good to see someone satisfied with their iPad accessory. I would suggest that anyone looking for an iPad stand for use around the home and in bed to consider the Bweasel iPad stand. It may give you everything you need and more for less then half the cost of other accessories. Plus, it only weighs 3 oz.

Thanks for sharing this information. The Targus is also a case but the Bweasel looks like good too. :)

AceOfThumbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For extended use of an iPad or a laptop in bed, I still prefer the Wizard that I recommended earlier in this thread.

But if you want something smaller, I also use an iPad Riser stand in bed sometimes. The cool thing about it is that you can set the angle exactly as you want. It has continuous adjustment of both tilt and rotation, so there are 4 different positions you can use in bed. (lol that sounds kinky)

1. I can sit up and have the Riser on my lap like most stands. It's really stable.

2. I can lay on my back with the Riser on my chest. In this case, I flip the bas around to the front and tilt the iPad forward. It actually tilts forward so it's easy to look up at the screen.

3. I can lay on my side with the Riser beside me. When you lay on a pillow, your head isn't exactly horizontal, but the Riser is that you can rotate the screen partially, so you can match the angle of your head exactly and everything looks upright. I set mine to about 35 degrees I think. I haven't seen any other stand that does this.

4. You can place the stand in the middle of the bed tilted back a little so two people can share.

Here's a link:

iPad 2 Stands - RISER IPAD STAND

Oh, one warning: the adjustment on the base is really tight. That means it's really sturdy, but you have to use both hands and apply pressure to adjust the angle.

vinho1976

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been using the wedge-e holder for a little while now and really happy with its performance. Its such a simple holder that does exactly what its supposed to do. The price is reasonable at $30 and I highly recommend it!

And I also like the fact that its very light and I can toss it across the room when I am ready to crash and not worry about breaking it.

I will try to attach a pic of my wedge-e...

Here is the link... www.wedge-e.net

Attachments

• bed wedgee.jpg
    bed wedgee.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,713

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked at all the suggestions for different stands for using your iPad in bed or sitting on the couch. It all comes down to personal preference. I still am happy with my Targus case since it is a case and swivels 360. The cover becomes a stand and there is nothing extra I have to use. It is like having two items in one. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Pacificquest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad stand that's good in bed. Not metal. No brackets. Lightweight and stable

I’m developing an iPad stand that’s good in bed. It’s hands free, lightweight and stable. No brackets, it’s not metal and not tippy. Check it out on the invention web site Quirky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts