What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best iPad browser other than native SAFARI?

shodka8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, so which one is the best?

iCal vs Atomic vs others?

Any opinions?

Thanks!

iJeff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm interested in feedback on his also. I like Atomic quite a bit, and there are some good features on Perfect Browser as well. Icab doesn't sound like it supports gestures (which is a deal breaker for me).

For my money, it seems Atomic is the winner.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought Atomic, but it seems that it can only handle one or two tabs open at once. It says I run out of memory and to close tabs I'm not using.

OP
S

shodka8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought Atomic, but it seems that it can only handle one or two tabs open at once. It says I run out of memory and to close tabs I'm not using.

Purpleorchid - ARE YOU SERIOUS? that sucks!

I had 3-4 tabs open today on the LITE version no problem....hmmm, sounds weird!!!

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also have issues with Atomic.
  1. If you turn on memory warning option, you get warnings at only a few tabs
  2. If not, suddenly the autocorrection stops working because of memory (I assume)
  3. The zoom isn't as slick as in Safari, and less zoom is possible
  4. Pressing and holding a link to open in a new tab is inaccurate, and you have to be very accurate with the tap, and stay VERY still with the hold.

On the plus side, the ad-blocking feature is super, and the "load tab in the background" is great, I also enjoy privacy mode, full screen mode and the tabs is much better than the Safari's "page".

I hope hay fix the issues above, then I would be asking if there is a way to make it the default browser - until then, I only use it when I need those specific features.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Atomic here, but really Safari does just as well. The tabs are fine in Atomic, but not a huge deal for me.... I see no speed difference between the two, or really any difference, except the tabs... IMHO if tabs are a big deal to you, get Atomic... otherwise just use Safari.....

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tried the others but find safari just as good. Not that interested in tabs as they take up screen real estate. The trick is to linger slightly on a link and choose open in another page.

It's major failing is that going full screen still leaves the title bar in view.

Most reactions

Latest posts