What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best browser?

down

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far I purchased this browsers! Atomic, ( sucks, it crashes, bad interface) maven ( sucks, crashes a lot! Awful interface!)
I don't want to buy skyfire, cause I had it in android, and I didn't like it so much...I heard about mercury browser, but I don't want to buy it, unless it's worth it..
Do you have any suggestions? Which one is your favorite browser?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a lite (5 minute viewing time) of iSwifter...

By the way, you can get your money back on your previous purchases; call the Apple Support line with your purchase reference (from your iTunes invoice) and they'll credit the amount to your iTunes account; many members have done this and there's never been a case that's been refused.

Tim

Reaction score
I tried some free and some paid but the best one FOR ME so far is icab. I use Puffin for Flash content containing sites but icab for everything else now. I haven't tried to upload anything from it yet, because I use istorages built in browser for that, but it is supposed to work for that as well.
I like that it fits MY style of usage best of the ones I've tried.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Inc

Last edited:

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also use Puffin for sites with Flash.I also use Terra, but it does not do Flash.

Reaction score
jnewell said:
Out of curiosity, why? I've tried a couple and honestly haven't noticed much difference, but I haven't tried Terra.

There is really only one thing I don't like about Atomic. It doesn't delete the address automatically when tapping onto the address bar and typing something. Instead it writes the address at the end of the previous address. Other browsers, such as Safari and Terra automatically delete the previous address when you start typing. This may seem a small thing, but to me it makes using Atomic really frustrating to use.

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gotcha. Search boxes in the App Store do the same thing...small annoyance, but an annoyance.

jnewell said:
Out of curiosity, why? I've tried a couple and honestly haven't noticed much difference, but I haven't tried Terra.

There is really only one thing I don't like about Atomic. It doesn't delete the address automatically when tapping onto the address bar and typing something. Instead it writes the address at the end of the previous address. Other browsers, such as Safari and Terra automatically delete the previous address when you start typing. This may seem a small thing, but to me it makes using Atomic really frustrating to use.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I find iCab Mobile is the fullest featured browser and fulfils all my needs...

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Atomic for me :)

Doesn't do flash, but then neither do the others in my experience.

I like Terra, but it doesn't have a permanent on-screen favorites list. This is very important to me.

Mimshacktee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I use mercury and I love it. I installed the "shortcut" (or whatever it is called) in safari and so can move whatever I'm browsing on safari there. I like the multiple tabs and the ability to download. It's cash well spent on the app store for me. I have a few others that I haven't cared to use...and yeah I use iswifter to watch my flash videos - a little buggy though but it gets the job done.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mimshacktee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
down said:
So far I purchased this browsers! Atomic, ( sucks, it crashes, bad interface) maven ( sucks, crashes a lot! Awful interface!)
I don't want to buy skyfire, cause I had it in android, and I didn't like it so much...I heard about mercury browser, but I don't want to buy it, unless it's worth it..
Do you have any suggestions? Which one is your favorite browser?

Well you could get the free version of mercury and try it. You're limited in the number of tabs you can open but the experience is about the same.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts