What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best app for IM Chat?

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm desperately awaiting a way to do gmail video chatting. I use gmail chat almost exclusively and the only way I can video chat and see my nephew is through google video. For some reason my brother's ISP won't allow him to use skype video, we can talk through skype but not video, it's the strangest thing. Tried several diff computers (PC and Mac) and it's a no go. Very frustrating.

Reaction score
Phine00Del said:
I'm desperately awaiting a way to do gmail video chatting. I use gmail chat almost exclusively and the only way I can video chat and see my nephew is through google video. For some reason my brother's ISP won't allow him to use skype video, we can talk through skype but not video, it's the strangest thing. Tried several diff computers (PC and Mac) and it's a no go. Very frustrating.

There is no need to wait. Install the free Vtok all and enjoy Gmail video calling.

Keep in mind, that it only supports video/audio calling, so you can't write text while calling, same as Skype, I believe.

Anyway, just download it and call all your gmail buddies :D

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
There is no need to wait. Install the free Vtok all and enjoy Gmail video calling.

Keep in mind, that it only supports video/audio calling, so you can't write text while calling, same as Skype, I believe.

Anyway, just download it and call all your gmail buddies :D

Thanks so much! I think you just made my day :)

v0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Assuming your using an iPad and would like a free app thar consolidates various IM accounts I'd teccommmend the IMO.im
I have always used IM+ but the idea of paying for it again to include skype doesn't sit well with me besides IMO.IM is fast & simple IM+ could look more aesthetically pleasing with the background n all but to each their own

Most reactions

Latest posts