What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best app for IM Chat?

Bigtime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the best app for IM chat and why? Trying to find a good one and maybe I am missing something.

Joyton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried "IM+" before but it has bug when you are quitting the program by press home button. It will hide some keys after you re-enter the apps.

So I finally choose the "imo", it's simple in interface but stable and bug-free.

OP
B

Bigtime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Joyton said:
I have tried "IM+" before but it has bug when you are quitting the program by press home button. It will hide some keys after you re-enter the apps.

So I finally choose the "imo", it's simple in interface but stable and bug-free.

Yes I have tried both and find IM+ to have bugs, I tries IMO but have found it little hard with the way the windows are for chat and history. The regular version of IMO is what I use on my home computer, but also looking for video chat for yahoo, msn, skype, gmail!

lonzom10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like IM+ (Free) and Trillian (Paid). Both allow you to sink multiple Chat Clients (Yahoo, Google, AOL, Facebook, etc) into one location for easy viewing and chatting. IM+ is free so download it and see what you think.

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use IMO and love it. It's simple and free. I love the tabs at the top that allows you to switch between your different conversations easily.

wellsdave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I downloaded IMO only to find out that it doesn't support .mac or .me. Or am I missing something here?
My iPad show me as iPad noob? Geesh!

CloudSpy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would have to say BeejiveIM is by far the best application for chat for the iPhone and iPad.

AndrewKent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to say IM+ Pro however I seem to get a lot of connection issues with my Skype and Facebook accounts. Apart from that it's fine. I am however looking for a new app as well.

CloudSpy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never had any problems with beejiveIM. It is very user friendly and easy to use.

OP
B

Bigtime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jetspeed8 said:
Is there any IM Chat program out there for the iPad 2 that supports video??

Yahoo has one and skype has one, have not found one that dose MSN or Gmail yet? There is not one that dose all with video chat! Anyone know?

OP
B

Bigtime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CloudSpy said:
I have never had any problems with beejiveIM. It is very user friendly and easy to use.

I have been using BeejiveIM for a few days and it is very good, but one thing is missing (Video chat) have not found one that dose video chat for all! That would be a great app for chatting, yes you can download yahoo and skype, but there is not one that dose all with voice and video. That is when iPad will truly be the Real Big thing! Now don't get me wrong I love my iPad and would not trade it for anything but it can not truly replace or past a laptop till it dose the same and more. You will then have everything in your hands!

pda963

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skype now does video chat, it works great on the Itouch, they just need to make a iPad version. It runs on the iPad but in x2 mode it is fuzzy

OP
B

Bigtime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pda963 said:
Skype now does video chat, it works great on the Itouch, they just need to make a iPad version. It runs on the iPad but in x2 mode it is fuzzy

Yes Skype and Yahoo both have video chat but is not an iPad app? MSN and Gmail still have nothing, and why has not one of the multi chat programs start using video? I am not a programer but I see the need as very high when you have millions of iPads sold world wide!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions