What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best App For Facebook?

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, anyone recommend the best Facebook app? Seem to be a lot of them, at first was not going to bother with FB on my iPad, but am spending more time on it than on anything else at the moment! Thanks :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

phxflyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I've owned my iPad for about 3 days so I'm far from an expert and I've only used one Facebook app and it's called MyPad. Apparently it used to be called MyFace. I actually like it as much if not more than FB on my PC. Very nice layout. But what I find odd is the fact that FB doesn't have their own iPad native app. But I guess that's another thread! Give MyPad a try, it's the one with the blue silhouette of a guy and a 2 in the upper corner.

phxflyboy

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
phxflyboy said:
Well, I've owned my iPad for about 3 days so I'm far from an expert and I've only used one Facebook app and it's called MyPad. Apparently it used to be called MyFace. I actually like it as much if not more than FB on my PC. Very nice layout. But what I find odd is the fact that FB doesn't have their own iPad native app. But I guess that's another thread! Give MyPad a try, it's the one with the blue silhouette of a guy and a 2 in the upper corner.

phxflyboy

Thanks, will also wait to see what others have to say....:)

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the friended app. It seems ok but if I'm honest I don't use it. I find myself using the Facebook website that I've added to my home screen

sent from iPad

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andyvalver said:
I have the friended app. It seems ok but if I'm honest I don't use it. I find myself using the Facebook website that I've added to my home screen

sent from iPad

Yep, that's what I've been doing up to now....So the FB apps don't hive you any extra features or shortcuts then? :)

phxflyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick correction, MyPad apparently use to be called Facepad, not MyFace as I posted earlier.

phxflyboy

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
phxflyboy said:
Quick correction, MyPad apparently use to be called Facepad, not MyFace as I posted earlier.

phxflyboy

Thanks for the info, not sure it's worth bothering with an app at all.....I was hoping they might offer some shortcuts or extra features, but they don't seem to...Just as easy to use a page shortcut! :)

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari

With a device this size, why do you need an app when you can view the actual page in Safari? I get the need on an iPhone/iPod Touch. Unless there is added functionality that the app has than the actual web page...

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari

With a device this size, why do you need an app when you can view the actual page in Safari? I get the need on an iPhone/iPod Touch. Unless there is added functionality that the app has than the actual web page...

Well ~ I thought I was the only one with this view. I never use the app to go to any site ~ Safari works great and my iPad is very fast.

madam_octa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer using MyPad because in my opinion it looks awesome, and the free version is completely functional. Also you can upload photos through it. I guess I just like the overall experience of using it more then just plain safari

iCrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use friendly plus. I like it bc I can set a pin code for my account and have multiple accounts set on it

Most reactions

Latest posts