What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Facebook app for iPad?

OP
Rambler358

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rambler358 said:
I'm also not seeing Birthday Events anywhere, unless I'm just missing it.
There is at the top of the search bar
Okay, just got home and am now trying to find it. I still can't see any birthday events, and nothing on top of the search bar to indicate such. Paid version only maybe?

Also, anyone know if Friendly supports notifications? I'm trying to decide to purchase this or not. Thanks!

Reaction score
Here is a screen shot of Friendly customized to my liking
Birthday is in upper left,notifications are upper bar in the middle/right, chat is lower right along with refresh

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300329874.979131.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300329874.979131.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 339
OP
Rambler358

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Birthday is in upper left,notifications are upper bar in the middle/right, chat is lower right along with refresh
So birthdays only show when it's actually someone's birthday then? In the offical app there's a screen of your friends which shows their upcoming birthdays and the date - is this something Friendly has?

For notifications, can Friendly display a popup notification like the official app? I guess this would be a push notification?

viettechlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With still no formal Facebook app for the iPad, independent developers continue to work on third-party creations to bring the popular social network to your slate computer. One of the best known, Friendly, just released its third version, bringing updates that finally make the app worth your time.

Wisco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Friendly, and it doesn't log me in/out on Chat like someone said.

Also, I can't find Chat when viewing the FB website.

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rambler358 said:
Thanks! :) And what about notifications? Are those in the paid version only?

Uhmm.. I downloaded the free version but still they charged me for a fee. So i dont know if mine is the free version or not

I have notifications

On top you will see HOME, PROFILE, and FRIENDS. Then at its right there is an envelope, at the right of that envelope is the notification button

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mascheru said:
IMO.im application let's you use most instant messenger in one app at the same time, haven't used it that much yet as mainly use mypad

Ebuddy works best for me

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rambler358 said:
So birthdays only show when it's actually someone's birthday then? In the offical app there's a screen of your friends which shows their upcoming birthdays and the date - is this something Friendly has?

For notifications, can Friendly display a popup notification like the official app? I guess this would be a push notification?

It doesnt have pop up notifications

Reaction score

Kind of a work around but you can have notifications pushed to your email or via text (my preferred method)

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

sbiondi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's the difference between the paid and free version of Friendly?

OP
Rambler358

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm liking the sliding pane approach of MyPad (similar to Twitter for iPad), but there's a few bugs. An update is supposed to be released this week though. For some reason Friendly's just not doing it for me, and I can't really nail down what the reason is. Lately, I've just been using both the Facebook iPhone app and the website.

Readdle.com

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys,

Readdle is working on the best FB client for iPad. It will combine the best interface from desktop version, while using benefits of iPad. Moreover, It will be free.

Just wait couple more weeks.

Most reactions

Latest posts