What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benefits of itunes versus icloud?

cabinowner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
STill fairly new to the iPad - had no trouble with schedules, etc via iTunes on my pc and syncing to iPad . Then iCloud came along, sounded good, activated it, trouble ever since. I get double calendar events with iCloud, turn it off and I lose my originals. Connect to iTunes which tells me calendar
part of server not accessible, try again.
HELP!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you still have you iTunes syncing turned on in the Info tab, turn it off. You don't want to be syncing from more than one source. You get all kinds of loops and problems if you do.

Other people have discovered that they accidentally set up iCloud twice on the iPad, which causes problems. To fix this go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars; and delete the iCloud account. Now go to Settings > iCloud and sign out (if necessary) and back in.

It will show up under the Accounts again when you do, so don't worry about that. As far as I know there is no easy way to distinguish when you have the account set up twice, or once. You just have to delete and re-add it correctly to see if your problem goes away.

Depending on how things go you may still end up with some duplicates. You'll have to delete those manually. What you want to do is make sure that you don't get any more duplicates when you add new events.

Most reactions

Latest posts