What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CalDav iCloud and Outlook 2010 publishing

jes49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried researching this for a while. Here is my situation:

I work at a company that uses MS Exchange for Outlook mail, calendars, etc.
They will not allow us to connect the iPads to the exchange account (personal use), at least not natively with the iPad options.
I still want to integrate my work and personal schedule.
I use iCloud for my personal calendar and reminders/task lists.
I use Outlook 2010 to manage my work calendar.

So how do I get my work calendar onto my iPad without using google sync or other applications? I know I can save the calendar as an .ics and upload to google. I want a more automated way to deal with it. I was looking into the webDav/CalDAV protocols and have found information relating to the iCloud servers. What I am interested in doing is being able to publish directly from Outlook 2010 into the CalDAV account on iCloud. I can't quite get it to work, though. I used this guy's java app to get the server info:
Daniel Mühlbachler's Blog ? How-To: iCloud calendars with third-party software (Update 10)

It gave me info, but I'm not sure how to us it with Outlook's publishing feature to WebDAV. It asks me for the username and passcode which I supply with my iCloud.com info and that works, but it returns an error afterward. What am I doing wrong? Is it even feasible? I am very leery of publishing to office.com because the only way I can get that to work on iPad is to make it completely public. I want to have the details on my iPad, but I don't want to share that with everyone.

Thanks for your help!
-James

Most reactions

Latest posts