What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bejeweled HD

INMY01TA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi. I must of updated my Bejeweled app/game because now I have Bejeweled HD and I hate it. I want the old version back. I guess there's no way to get it back, it's not in the app store that I can see. Anyway, rant over.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi. I must of updated my Bejeweled app/game because now I have Bejeweled HD and I hate it. I want the old version back. I guess there's no way to get it back, it's not in the app store that I can see. Anyway, rant over.
Do you have an iTunes library on your computer where the old version of the app could have been downloaded to?

If you ever backed up your iPad to iTunes on your computer before the app was updated, the old version could be there in your iTunes library.

OP
I

INMY01TA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't backed anything up in ages. My Icloud storage is full and says I can't. I still have the old version on an older Ipad and my Iphone though.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't backed anything up in ages. My Icloud storage is full and says I can't. I still have the old version on an older Ipad and my Iphone though.
You could back up the old iPad to iTunes on your computer, then restore your new iPad from the backup of your old iPad. This would add the old version of the app onto the new iPad.

OP
I

INMY01TA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx, I may try that. Only thing is then I'd have the older IOS operating system on my new correct? I know I could then update my new Ipad but I'm trying to avoid that. Haven't had good luck in the past. Not sure if it's all worth it for a game. Thanks tho.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanx, I may try that. Only thing is then I'd have the older IOS operating system on my new correct? I know I could then update my new Ipad but I'm trying to avoid that. Haven't had good luck in the past. Not sure if it's all worth it for a game. Thanks tho.
Using a backup from a device on an older version of iOS will not put the old iOS version on your newer device.
The one issue with this procedure is that you will lose all the data that is currently on your newer device. Back up your new iPad before starting, to preserve the data.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are three versions of Bejeweled (that I know of).

Bejeweled (for iPhone)
Bejeweled HD (iPad version)

These two games are basically the same. They even look a lot alike. You can use the iPhone version on the iPad, but it tends to look bad. It has all the old mode, endless, timed, whatever.

If you want to install the iPhone version on the iPad, search for Bejeweled, then change the iPad Only (at the top) to iPhone Only. You should then see the non-HD version of the game.

Bejeweled Blitz is a universal app. There is only one version and it works on both devices. This is the get as much done as you can in one-minute version of the game.

Bejeweled Blitz gets updated with a slightly new look and new power up crystals almost every month.

I don't know how often the old Bejeweled gets updated. I got hooked on the Blitz version, and have been playing it ever since.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are three versions of Bejeweled (that I know of).

Bejeweled (for iPhone)
Bejeweled HD (iPad version)

These two games are basically the same. They even look a lot alike. You can use the iPhone version on the iPad, but it tends to look bad. It has all the old mode, endless, timed, whatever.

If you want to install the iPhone version on the iPad, search for Bejeweled, then change the iPad Only (at the top) to iPhone Only. You should then see the non-HD version of the game.

Bejeweled Blitz is a universal app. There is only one version and it works on both devices. This is the get as much done as you can in one-minute version of the game.

Bejeweled Blitz gets updated with a slightly new look and new power up crystals almost every month.

I don't know how often the old Bejeweled gets updated. I got hooked on the Blitz version, and have been playing it ever since.
After reading your post I think the OP is now on the iPad version of the game instead of the iPhone version he originally had. Your instructions to get that version back are a lot less trouble than mine.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was just covering the other possibility. I used the iPhone version for some time before the HD version came out, so I was aware of the differences. Personally, I think the HD version looks better and has more options; but each to their own tastes.

But it is also possible the HD version has undergone a major revision. The screen shots on the App Store look pretty much as I remember them, but my memory is not that good.

We'll have to wait for the OP to check in again to find out.

OP
I

INMY01TA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay so just want to check back in here, just saw a new update for Bejeweled HD and I updated. Seems to be reva,ped more like the old one. Happy now. Thanks everyone.

Most reactions

Latest posts