What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beginner Question

smallsal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all and thank you in advance for your help. Here goes: I live in Mexico and am visiting the US at the end of March. My new iPad is waiting for me in the US. I bought it (mostly) to be able to access emails while on this trip. I will be traveling to areas covered by 3G, where my host has no computer. Kind of in the boonies. I must have email access on a daily basis for my business.

I begin my visit in Atlanta first, where I will pick up my iPad, before I move on to "non-computer-boonie-land". Here's my question: If I do the initial synch to a computer in Atlanta, in order to make the iPad functional, will I have a problem when I get home and connect it to my home computer? I don't plan to synch photos, music, video, etc while in Atlanta, I just want to make it functional.

Am I understanding the start up correctly? I must first connect to a computer to get started? Any tips or tricks in this situation?

Thanks!

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Yes, you need to connect it to a computer in order for it to work and be activated. Having said that, if you just plan on getting it functional, and not inputting music or photos or videos, you should have no issue when you return home. It should just resync itself to your home computer. Hope this helps!

FB

Most reactions

Latest posts