What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battry life with iOS 7

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like some things about iOS 7 on my Mini, dislike other things... but the real concern for me is the reduced battery life! I can see it dropping as I use the Mini, even for things that do not require much power. I have made all the known adjustments in Settings and tried all the tricks I can find online, but nothing seems to help. Are you having battery issues since installing iOS 7? Do you have any suggestions? (I have had some freezing at first, but some of Settings adjustments seem to have helped that.)

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe try turning off background app refresh in settings or changing dynamic wallpaper to still. Dynamic wallpapers are known to shorten battery life, although not drastically.

OP
lowertech

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe try turning off background app refresh in settings or changing dynamic wallpaper to still. Dynamic wallpapers are known to shorten battery life, although not drastically.

Did both of those. Still draining visibly. Thanks though.

ryos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try to download an app that indicate the battery consumption for all active apps! And let us know, I m still not sure about upgrading to iOS7

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've tried all the online tricks (from different websites and forums) and still iOS 7 is a battery eater for my iPad 4G ! Apple must release iOS 7.1 :(

OP
lowertech

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked carefully at my apps and deleted two that seemed to be running constantly in the background, but not doing anything essential. The battery life seems to have improved a little. I think the suggestion about recalibrating the battery might also be a good one... I am going to try that too. Will report.

Flashfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed the same thing here. Battery life took a dive on my iPad Mini after the update. Those who talk about battery calibration and rogue apps updating too often, the only changes were iOS 7 and the inevitable flurry of application updates. No settings have been changed.

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I noticed the same thing here. Battery life took a dive on my iPad Mini after the update. Those who talk about battery calibration and rogue apps updating too often, the only changes were iOS 7 and the inevitable flurry of application updates. No settings have been changed.

How about Motion and Background App Refresh?

Klevis, IT Engineering, Tirana, AL

Callihan_44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any difference in battery life, next time I charge it I will test how long it lasts.

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

But it's always worth adding some suggestions to help others out ;P

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I recalibrate my batteries after every upgrade and my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 have about the same battery life as before the upgrade.

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But it's always worth adding some suggestions to help others out ;P

If you want, I've done a post about that, how to extend battery on iOS 7. You have it on my profile on he posts option. Sorry I can't copy it here because I am on the forum app. Hope it works for you!

Klevis, IT Engineering, Tirana, AL

OP
lowertech

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: I recalibrated the battery on my Mini and did the necessary re-start. It does not seem to be getting better battery life. I will just live with that. I love this Mini.. I just hope Apple, in their infinite wisdom, will release an update soon to address that... One interesting side effect it that the Mini now goes online and finds the Verizon signal much quicker than before the update, but that could well be some of the tweaks and Settings changes I made while trying to improve the battery life...

I also recalibrated the iPhone battery. Interestingly, my older iPhone 4 seems to love this new OS and gets better battery life than before!

And so it goes...

Most reactions

Latest posts