What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery issue on the new iPad.

JoshOhara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just restored my iPad from jailbreak 5.1.1

I am now using iOS 6, and I noticed tonight that it took 6 hours to charge 70%. When comparing this to the iPhone 5, it took under an hour to charge 70%.
Can anyone give me any advice?

Thanks

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
JoshOhara said:

I am now using iOS 6, and I noticed tonight that it took 6 hours to charge 70%. When comparing this to the iPhone 5, it took under an hour to charge 70%.

Thanks

G' day Josh. If I remember my old algebra, 6 hours to get 70% is 8.5 hours to get to a full 100%. That's pretty much what I am getting to charge my new iPad on iOS6 and about the same usage to empty it out, and I'm quite happy with that. Seems OK from what I read about the iPad2 battery life.

I don't have the new iPhone (wish I did) but I'm not sure you can compare the two. You could if your iPhone had a quad core graphics processor, LEDS to power the retina display, for iPad size screen, and a 42.5 Wh battery to crank the whole caboodle.

But back to my old algebra. If your new iPhone took under an hour to charge to 70% it would have taken less than 1.5 hours to fully charge from zero. Wow! Hats off to your new mobile phone compared to my iPad!

Regards, Andrew

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
JoshOhara said:

Thanks

The reason that it takes much less time to charge the iPhone battery compared to charging the iPad battery is that the iPhone battery is much smaller, both in size and capacity. This means that it takes less time to charge a smaller iPhone battery to 70% than it does to charge a larger iPad battery to 70%.

Most reactions

Latest posts