What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Drain with Smart Case

appleuserfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all :)

I just bought a Smart Case (not original) for my iPad Mini with iOS7 but i have big problems with battery.

When i putted it on my iPad, it was 74% of battery. After just 20 minutes where i only tried the start/stop function closing the cover and nothing else, my Tablet was 71%!!!
And after others 13 minutes where i tried again FEW TIMES start/stop it arrived to 69%!

Why this battery drain? With iOS7 the battery is already worsened and go down so quick...

But the cover for start/Stop function use a sensor, right? So maybe its for this that it consume battery?

If yes, i will put the cover away for this battery drain... :rolleyes:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's a lot of controversy about the Smart Cover and battery drains. Contrary to what a lot of blogs/reviews say, the cover itself does not drain, and if it did, it's a negligible and unnoticeable amount, so the smart cover itself is designed to work as is. If you have the magnetic cover wake/sleep feature toggled on, see if toggling it off and possibly performing a hard reset (by holding your power and home button together until you see the Apple logo and release both), then toggling it back on resolves the issue. Usually neither the case nor the magnetic wake/sleep feature will damper the battery by such a significant amount.

Most reactions

Latest posts