What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Charging Info While Power Off

bongski55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am new to ipad 2 but have used itouch before. I tried charging my ipad today while power off but did not see any indication of charge like the itouch showing the battery icon while off.
Is this normal?

OP
bongski55

bongski55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in that case how may hours does the ipad 2 need to fully charge? is it harmful to leave it charging overnight?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad has an 'intelligent' power management facility. You can leave it to charge for as long as you want. When the battery is fully charged, the iPad automatically switches off the charging of the battery - even when it's switched off.

Tim

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad has an 'intelligent' power management facility. You can leave it to charge for as long as you want. When the battery is fully charged, the iPad automatically switches off the charging of the battery - even when it's switched off.

Tim

This ^^ When we charge ours we do it overnight most of the time and it works perfectly.

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
It's normal for me.....I don't see anything while it's off (except for notifications).

The Archangel

Hi
I power off my ipad to recharge it but after the battery indicator comes on the screen when I've plugged in the adaptor, the ipad goes to sleep but if I press the home button it comes to life, in other words by charging, it appears to switch it on. Is this what should happen?
Thank you

Fxgt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was so worried that last night i full charge overnight while i am asleep, that i will spoil the battery. M i m glad that it has this intelligent facility

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Android phone drains a little if I charge it overnight once it reaches 100. Just another Android shortfall. I'm glad iPads work the way they do. I don't try to charge mine overnight, but I have on occasion and I'm glad it's not harming the battery in any way.

Apple rocks!

I always leave it on when I charge, but I turn it completely off once a day.

Most reactions

Latest posts