What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using ipad while on charge !

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could i use my ipad while it is charging the battery ?
If i do could this interfere with the charging process and make further charging less efficient.
Thanks for your cooperation.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's no problem using your iPad while it is charging. If it is on the wall charger there would be almost no impact. If it's charging from your computer/USB port, the time to fully charge may take a little while longer. It all depends on the tasks and the settings. In other words, how hard your iPad is having to work at the time, how bright the screen is set, etc.

Hope that helps!

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's charging from your computer/USB port, the time to fully charge may take a little while longer.

Computer USB ports don't have enough power to actually charge an iPad. They will maintain the level of charge but they will only increase the charge level infintesimally slowly.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's charging from your computer/USB port, the time to fully charge may take a little while longer.

Computer USB ports don't have enough power to actually charge an iPad. They will maintain the level of charge but they will only increase the charge level infintesimally slowly.
Sure they do...but as you point out, the charge is quite slow (and all USB ports are not created equal). If the iPad's screen is on it won't show it charging at all. However if you leave it plugged in for a while, say overnight, the iPad will indeed charge (been there done that ;) ).

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4049

Go The All Blacks! :)

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks !

Thanks to all who took the time to help me out !
As a matter of fact I never use the PC USB connection to charge my Ipad.
I always use the good old electricity.
Sorry I did not mention it sooner !

Last edited:

ajricaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As an aside, I recently found out that some MSI motherboards have a utilty to increase USB power enough to recharge iPads, iPhones and iPods. It can be found on their "downloads" site.

daffie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As an aside, I recently found out that some MSI motherboards have a utilty to increase USB power enough to recharge iPads, iPhones and iPods. It can be found on their "downloads" site.

Yup, for example Asus AI charger does this and does it well! I always charge my ipad via usb on laptop.

ajricaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not know that...great info. Thanks!
Nice to hear from you. Add me to the ones who will miss your contributions on the Tivo upgrades site.

JTMustang3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I am finding is most that have iPads dont own Mac laptops , thus not seeing the charge but a Mac book with USB3.0 will charge and show it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts