What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup Slow? Toggle it On and Off!

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just finished testing a little free app called BackOff that works with Windows (tested) and Mac that allows you to toggle the backup process on and off.

As the backup process is such a major compliant, I thought I would post this tip.

attachment.php

Download it here:
BackOff Speeds Up iTunes Sync for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad

Edit: Can someone with a Mac test it too? Thanks.

Attachments

• BackOff.jpg
    BackOff.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,584

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't you just do this in iTunes without the app?

lilman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't you just do this in iTunes without the app?
I don't think so. I think every time you sync with iTunes it will automatically run a backup.

I've been using this program since I got my iPad a month ago. Because my iPad has a crazy amount of manga image scans on it (probably close to 100k by now) a full backup takes forever... last time I tried it was at about 15% after 3-4 hours. BackOff has been a great convenience.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally always back up my iPad and iPhone when connecting to iTunes and make sure I do so at least once per day - simply because I have had freezes and other issues forcing a restore and have lost data from my device which is very annoying.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I let my backup go every time too. Even with a lot of apps and music, it never takes very long, and makes me feel just a bit safer.

Most reactions

Latest posts