1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Slow backup

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by King Hal, Aug 5, 2010.

1. King Hal

King Hal iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I posted on a previous thread about slow backups that my Ipad with around 48GB of apps, music, films etc, took around 11 minutes to backup.

Then suddenly a couple of days ago after about 5 hours I cancelled the backup as it was only about half way through.

I worked out what had changed and it seems a rather strange phenomena similar to the reported wifi problem that appears to respond to turning off the auto screen brightness.

I don't like to turn the volume up too high when listening to music through ear buds as I value my hearing. This means that the base is generally lacking, so I went into the iPod settings and set the equaliser for base boost. Suddenly, the backup was just too slow to bear.

Some time back I had a problem with slow backup with my iPhone and resolved the issue by deleting the backup in iTunes (go to preferences > devices > backup) and doing a brand new backup rather than incremental. I did this with the iPad backup and left the iPad connected to my Macbook Pro overnight. It took six hours to backup from scratch but tonight I've done a sync and backup and it's back to around ten minutes.

I hope this helps some people.
  2. Azieser

Azieser iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have only synced my iPad about three times due to the three hour sync times with iTunes. I am thinking of using some third party back up programs to speed things up. The funny thing is that we are not moving a lot of data here. I back up terabyte drives at work in less time.
  3. paulyeo11

paulyeo11 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    me too also face the same problem , for me this happen after i jail break my ipad. just like to know any one here have solution on this ?

paul
  4. King Hal

King Hal iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Have you tried deleting your backup and doing a new one, as thereafter it should be a quick incremental backup only?
  5. DavidNM

DavidNM iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I noticed that this became a problem after the latest OS update.
  6. Dani

Dani iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the same problem, and I'm only using 5GB of space on my iPad.
    Is this really a OS problem and do I need to inform Apple?