What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backside Illumination Quit

bill28099

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The backside illumination on my wife's 3 month old iPad3 has stopped working. I don't know if she turned it off by accident or the iPad has failed. Going through the menus and google searching turns up nothing. Can anyone give me a clue why this function no longer works and how to turn it back on?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The backside illumination on my wife's 3 month old iPad3 has stopped working. I don't know if she turned it off by accident or the iPad has failed. Going through the menus and google searching turns up nothing. Can anyone give me a clue why this function no longer works and how to turn it back on?

Let's check the most obvious issue first, go into Settings > Brightness & Wallpaper, make sure the brightness is set to your needs. If that fails to resolve the issue, I would recommend taking the device to an Apple store and having them take a look. It could be that the device has a defective component. I'm not up-to-speed on iPad jailbreaks and am wondering, if the device is jailbroken, if a tweak is causing the issue.

OP
B

bill28099

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The backside illumination is the white flash you see just before a picture is taken. Playing with the brightness & wallpaper only seems to affect the screen. I do wish there was an apple store closer then 300 miles.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The backside illumination is the white flash you see just before a picture is taken. Playing with the brightness & wallpaper only seems to affect the screen. I do wish there was an apple store closer then 300 miles.

Forgive me, I completely misunderstood you.. I thought you were referring to the screen light. Disregard my advice in this case.

mkman08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad has no flash for the camera i got it a month ago and it has no flash
isight camera uses laser illumination to define the brightness of the pics

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the 300 mile trip is too much, contact Apple and when they agree to replace your iPad, ask for return directions.

Most reactions

Latest posts