What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back and Jailbreak issues.

Ipad voice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad Gods,I would like to invoke your help....URGENT.
I would like to like to jailbreak my Ipad 2.It is running on iOS 6.0.1(10A523).I dunno what the latter means.
Coming back to the matter at hand,I may be using the evasi0n toll to carry out the jailbreak.What is the credibility of this Have any of you used this ? I have read in many sites that jail breakers run a real risk of BRICKING their device.I do not want this to happen at all.Is this CYDIA really worth all the trouble ?
I have about 1500 photos stored in the iPad.But I don't know where they are stored.I can't view gem when I plug the device into my PC.On the advice of many,I backed up the iPad using iTunes on my Vista OS computer.When I went to the backup location,what I found was loads of trash,unopenable files with weird names.WHAT happened to my backed up data ?
I CAN'T lose these photos.
Sorry for the lengthy query.PLEASE ASSISST.

Darkstar2007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.iphoneforums.net
The evasi0n tool is the only tool you can actually use to jailbreak that firmware.
You can't "brick" your device with a jailbreak attempt.

Now, in Vista, do you not have a prompt that pops up whenever you plug your iPad into the computer that gives you the option to view your pictures?
If you do, copy all of your photos into their very own folder. :)

Your backup should've saved your pictures though, that's just another precautionary measure. For those just in case instances!

Last edited:
OP
I

Ipad voice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can see pictures from my Camera Roll.But these 1500 pics I was talking about we're transferred from some other source to my iPad.I can view them inside photos on the ipad,but I can't see a trace of them on my PC.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you first plug your iPad into your PC, you should get a Windows Explorer pop-up that has an option to open a folder. When you click on that line, you then get the option to keep clicking on the icon(s) until you get to your photos. Like this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364045238.231137.jpg

Do you get that pop-up when you plug in your iPad?

If you don't get that pop-up, with the iPad connected to your PC, you can go into your computer files and locate the iPad (my PC has it listed as "Marilyn's iPad under "Portable Devices"). Then, clicking on the iPad icon gets you to the folder(s) view in the pictures above. Again, you just keep clicking until you see your pictures.

If the photos are in your Photos app - they can be accessed this way. Once you get to them, you can copy and paste them to your PC. I would not recommend you cut or move those photos, however, as that may mess up the Photos app.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

P.S. I deleted your other thread you started today on this same photos topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

P.P.S. And yes, jail breaking is very safe. The process, using evasi0n is now very easy and, as long as you avoid dodgy sites and tweaks, your iPad will run fine... :)

OP
I

Ipad voice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah we'll,any ipad owner would have these per jail break jitters :)

Most reactions

Latest posts