What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad jailbreak (I'm a newbie)

j123acez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was looking to jailbreak my iPad but I'm worried about a few things... Before my iPad, I had a 2nd and 3rd generation itouch, which I jail broke using black rain. The jailbreak went well for the first 3 months.. Then suddenly it shuts off (I was not out of battery) and when I try to turn it back on it shows the plug into iTunes sign... So I plugged it into iTunes and nothing happened... Then I tried to restore it and I finished the restoration process then I try it and has the plug in iTunes sign again.. I try restoring again and same thing happened.. I ran blackrain again and still nothing.. So I just said what the hell and got an iPad 16gb.. So now, even though ive had bad experiences I want to jailbreak it for free apps because I've spent too much money on iTunes money.. So my question is, will anything like that happen to an iPad? And if not what jailbreak software should I use? I've heard of spirit, also is it my computer? I have a windows vista home premium. I'm worried about jail breaking it but I just don't wanna spend money anymore.. What shall I do?

EDIT: I have the 4.2.1 software and I got my iPad on like spetember 14

Last edited:

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait until the non-tethered jailbreak comes out for a couple of days, before you even think of jailbreaking, it will probably be out sometime next month after iOS 4.3 comes out, and it's proven to work with it ok. Patience.

mathen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait until the non-tethered jailbreak comes out for a couple of days, before you even think of jailbreaking, it will probably be out sometime next month after iOS 4.3 comes out, and it's proven to work with it ok. Patience.
am also waiting:)

Most reactions

Latest posts