What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AVI files

rickfrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone emailed me avi files (short video clips) but I cannot open and view them on my iPad 2. What program should I use, or do I have to view the through the iTunes store?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use the app OPlayerHD to view .avi files sent to me. You can get the Lite version, which is free at the app store, to seeif it works for you (it's $4.99 for the full-feature version).

It's just one of many, and I've got no stake in it - but I've never had any trouble opening an e-mailed file with this app. Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

OP
R

rickfrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded the oplayer hd, but the file won't play. Do I have to move the file to the player? And if so" how is this done" when the eemails are being read from my iPad?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that you have OPlayer HD, go back to the e-mail that contains the .avi file. Press and hold it and you should get an "Open In" option. One of those open in options should be the OPlayer app. Once you select it, the .avi file should open.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Marilyn

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks to someone on here for the tip, I use FlexPlayer, just add the AVI files to the flexplayer section off apps in iTunes and away you go.

Paul

Most reactions

Latest posts