Auto zoom and "movement"

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by ehtisham123, Apr 19, 2015.

1. ehtisham123

ehtisham123
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Now again...I did backup ,,,but still not sure whether my photos and apps won't be lost.....
    How to backup apps? And photos

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Your apps won't be lost.

If you backup to iCloud, it will remember where they were and put them there again. If you chose to backup data as well, they'll be included in the iCloud backup. If PhotoStream or iCloud Photo Library are enabled on your device, the photos are already stored in iCloud, and thus not included in a backup.

iTunes backups include almost everything on your iPad. Again: if PhotoStream or iCloud Photo Library are used, the pictures are not included in the backup.

There are slight differencs between both methods, what's important in your case: when you restore from a backup, everything will look exactly the same as before the backup. The apps will be on the homescreen or in a folder, on the place where you put them.

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Yes, it's in iCloud, however, Photo Stream will not restore to your device. Photo Stream only works for new photos. It adds them as you take them. If you have photos you want to keep that are in Photo Stream, save them to the camera roll, iCloud Library (if you are using it) or some other place before restoring the iPad.

Photo Stream is a temporary albume meant to make copying photos between iOS devices and your computer easy. It is not permanent, and you should not leave photos there under the assumption that they are saved, safe, or backed up.

Camera Roll is backed up if you have in enabled in the backup settings. It's on by default.

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    BTW, once I turned on iCloud Photo Library for all my devices and computer I turned off Photo Stream. It was redundant.

iCloud Photo Library (once it sorts itself out) is extremely convenient, but I had to upgrade my iCloud storage to 200 GB, so definitely not the cheaper way to go.

5. ehtisham123

ehtisham123
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I lost photos kept in a separate folder in camera roll...rest all I had transferred manually..

6. ehtisham123

ehtisham123
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The problem still persists.. If I do factory reset will I be able to restore by using backup....or I will lose data?

7. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You can use your backup to set up your iPad after doing a factory restore. You shouldn't lose any data.