What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto zoom and "movement"

ehtisham123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi...
My IPad zooms in and out of its own and in this process opens random app or mails or does stuff as is normally done by touch.
also the app icons seem to "shake " during the time this things happens..
once i turn off & restart then it stops zooming or sometimes without turning off it stops..
i checked in accessibility zoom is off...

pls help me out!!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPF!

Also check Accessibility Shortcut in Settings - General - Accessibility. If Zoom is chosen there, your iPad will use this feature as soon as you triple tap the Home button.

Maybe resetting your device will help. To reset, press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both afterwards. Your iPad will power up on it's own.
This reset won't remove data or change settings.

Hope that helps.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Accessibility Shortcut is here:
image.jpg

And when you tap it, it should look like this:
image.jpg

Zoom shouldn't be checkmarked.

OP
E

ehtisham123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah it's already off....

Although the zoom isn't there now,, the "random" movements persist...such as typing on its own and opening apps of its own..

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you also try resetting it:
Press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, it will power up on it's own.

This won't remove data or change settings. It might help getting rid of some of the glitches you're experiencing.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try restoring and see if this helps.

Backup your device to iTunes or iCloud. Connect the iPad to iTunes (computer) and restore it. You'll be able to restore from a backup afterwards.

Reset it again afterwards.

OP
E

ehtisham123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do I have to factory reset after completing backup ...and then restoring back?

And does backup cover all data.

OP
E

ehtisham123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now again...I did backup ,,,but still not sure whether my photos and apps won't be lost.....
How to backup apps? And photos

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your apps won't be lost.

If you backup to iCloud, it will remember where they were and put them there again. If you chose to backup data as well, they'll be included in the iCloud backup. If PhotoStream or iCloud Photo Library are enabled on your device, the photos are already stored in iCloud, and thus not included in a backup.

iTunes backups include almost everything on your iPad. Again: if PhotoStream or iCloud Photo Library are used, the pictures are not included in the backup.

There are slight differencs between both methods, what's important in your case: when you restore from a backup, everything will look exactly the same as before the backup. The apps will be on the homescreen or in a folder, on the place where you put them.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, it's in iCloud, however, Photo Stream will not restore to your device. Photo Stream only works for new photos. It adds them as you take them. If you have photos you want to keep that are in Photo Stream, save them to the camera roll, iCloud Library (if you are using it) or some other place before restoring the iPad.

Photo Stream is a temporary albume meant to make copying photos between iOS devices and your computer easy. It is not permanent, and you should not leave photos there under the assumption that they are saved, safe, or backed up.

Camera Roll is backed up if you have in enabled in the backup settings. It's on by default.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
BTW, once I turned on iCloud Photo Library for all my devices and computer I turned off Photo Stream. It was redundant.

iCloud Photo Library (once it sorts itself out) is extremely convenient, but I had to upgrade my iCloud storage to 200 GB, so definitely not the cheaper way to go.

OP
E

ehtisham123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I lost photos kept in a separate folder in camera roll...rest all I had transferred manually..

Most reactions

Latest posts