What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Location - FREE Tweak

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It most definitely do not work for me... The arrow flashes on for a jif and then vanishes. Location, previously off, is on and stays that way even when the app (that needs it) is closed...

//Stefan

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmm... Seems like "TuneIn Radio" doesn't de-activate Locations after closed. Other apps does though. A question of incompability, perchance?

//Stefan

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Seems like "TuneIn Radio" doesn't de-activate Locations after closed. Other apps does though. A question of incompability, perchance?

//Stefan

Stefan, a handy hint for many tweaks that work by toggling settings on the iPad. You sometimes have to make sure that you are in the right "state" with a tweak for it to work. Try this for Auto Location...

1. Turn ON Location Services in settings and use an App that uses loc (so you see the arrow).
2. Exit that app fully (close it down from the multi task bar and anything else that uses loc whilst your are at it).
4. Turn OFF Location Services in settings.
5. Start any app again that uses location services, and hopefully "presto" it is "auto on". It should work normally from now on for all apps.
6. Spend the rest of the night wondering what happened to "3" :)

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is exactly what I did to no avail... Did some further testing this morning and noted a few things wierd(?)...

When I launch e.g. "Maps" or "Google Earth" (Loc off as per your instructions above), I get the arrow top right and the app works. Checking Loc in settings says it's off and the arrow vanishes (this with app still running). If I toggle back to the app the arrow returns and it works. Seems like Loc switches off when I leave the app (but not closing)!

On the other hand, "TuneIn Radio" swithces Loc on and leaves it in that state even after closing that app (fully exiting)...

I'll try out all the apps I have with a dependecy to Loc and see how it reacts. Seems a tad wierd, though...

//Stefan

Most reactions

Latest posts