What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you a social busy bee

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you a social busy bee on Facebook or twitter ? If you are why??????

I,m not and my reasons Are because I'm a little old fashioned I do not like to air my dirty laundry in public

Right or wrong give me some pros and cons for becomming Internet social

tmno2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.
Being an Internet and computer nerd, hence the personal accumulation of related hardware, I had to check out the perceived value of both "Twitter" and "FaceBook".
Without actually getting involved in the stuff, just doing my surfing and lurking, I finished up with conclusion that it was all mindless, time wasting and completely unproductive personal drivel.
I think one could relate it to sitting in front of the TV and watching interactive personal advertisements, without the option of raising the level of any intellectual discussion in any way.
About on par with reading jam tin labels, and having a major discussion about the different variations thereof.
I think you may draw the conclusion from my offered opinion, that I was clearly not impressed.
!!! Absolutely Correct !!!
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tmno2 said:
Hi.
Being an Internet and computer nerd, hence the personal accumulation of related hardware, I had to check out the perceived value of both "Twitter" and "FaceBook".
Without actually getting involved in the stuff, just doing my surfing and lurking, I finished up with conclusion that it was all mindless, time wasting and completely unproductive personal drivel.
I think one could relate it to sitting in front of the TV and watching interactive personal advertisements, without the option of raising the level of any intellectual discussion in any way.
About on par with reading jam tin labels, and having a major discussion about the different variations thereof.
I think you may draw the conclusion from my offered opinion, that I was clearly not impressed.
Hope this helps.

I think first you need to know what your expectations are. Social networks most definitely have their uses, but you also get as much out of them as what you put in. My mother complains that she hardly ever gets anything on her Facebook wall or news feed (compared to mine) - before I point out to her that she has 0 interests and only 12 'friends' and most of them are in the same country and aren't active users (login once a week). Whereas my larger circle of friends are from around the globe, so their news, shares, retweets and status updates come through all the time.

I use Facebook mostly to keep in touch with my extended circle of friends, esp from around the world. It has also allowed me to reconnect with old friends whom I have not seen in 20+ years, and keep in touch with specific circles of friends, interest groups, events and news. I have also seen firsthand how it has been used to provide an alternative source of news and to disseminate information which would otherwise have been suppressed, in a totalitarian regime where the media are state-controlled propaganda mouthpieces.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tmno2 said:
Hi.
Hope this helps.

I'd have to agree with you! My kids use it, I rest my case!

I'm a social bee but only on here because this forum gives brilliant advice for my favourite thing in the world and also I have made some fantastic friends from around the world!

I may be annoying to some but I try and help as well, so please don't take offence at my OWN OPINION about Twitter, Facebook et al.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tmno2 said:
Hi.
Hope this helps.

I'd have to agree with you! My kids use it, I rest my case!

I'm a social bee but only on here because this forum gives brilliant advice for my favourite thing in the world and also I have made some fantastic friends from around the world!

I may be annoying to some but I try and help as well, so please don't take offence at my OWN OPINION about Twitter, Facebook et al.

Hayley - you're never annoying!!

I think I'm the only iPF member who has never used Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and has no games on their iPad...I am a very sad individual...:(

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You know that's not true! I have games but I can't remember the last time I used them and I don't use social sites at all so you see, we are a team of two. Oh, yes, millionaire game on Alex's birthday 24th April. See! I'm hopeless!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Course I am! Hee hee besides my kids update me for free, no need to do it myself!

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've yet to see the attraction of "social networking", i.e. Facebook or Twitter. I guess I just don't get it, it seems a bit trivial and self involved to me, but it must be a useful tool in some sort as it's so prevalent.

I may change my mind as I meet more people on line. Friendly conversation has it's appeal.:)

Last edited:

Amy0x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The first app I downloaded on both iPhone and iPad was twitter, secondly Facebook.
I do love social networking however I find that a lot of people ruin it by cyber bullying, gossiping and bitching.
Twitter I use to ramble on. No one ever reads it, it's just my little space to unload my thoughts...
Alas I am on them all the time due to them being apps on my iPhone.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmm! I probably am but not on the usual Facebook or twitter. I only do it on IPF because it talks about my favourite iPad as well. Best of both worlds!

Most reactions

Latest posts