What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad for Business Use (for my boss)

OP
H

hk1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1,

I don't think Outlook is as much the question as is Exchange Server. Outlook is mostly just an interface once you have it hooked up to an Exchange Server account.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's no question that a Windows PC or a MacBook is a better business system than an iPad. And as another poster pointed out, you can buy a lot of laptop for the price of an iPad these days.

But having said that, I've now replaced my travel netbook (an HP Mini) with an iPad 2. Why? One reason. The iPad combined with a portable bluetooth keyboard and an Origami Workstation stand/keboard case is far easier to use when crammed into a coach seat on a long flight than my netbook. And on a coast to coast flight with multiple layovers, I no longer have to worry about conserving the battery or carrying an extra one.

Truly serious work? I have a Dell Precision workstation for that. But the advantage of its 1920x1080 15.6" screen is negated on a long flight when the a**h**e in the seat in front of me decides he wants to recline his seat to the max. So I just leave the laptop in my carry-on bag and take it out when I'm in my hotel room or a client site.

All in all, the iPad saves me a pound or two in my briefcase compared to my netbook, gives me a better keyboard than the less than ideal netbook, lasts about twice as long (or more) on a charge, and gives me multiple options for its use when I'm confined to a tiny workspace on a plane.

Frankly, I've been surprised by how much I prefer the iPad to my netbook. It doesn't replace my quadcore laptop, but it has made the netbook virtually obsolete.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hk1 said:
Gabriel1,

I don't think Outlook is as much the question as is Exchange Server. Outlook is mostly just an interface once you have it hooked up to an Exchange Server account.

In that case someone with knowledge of exchange server would need to confirm if it would work.

The Archangel

slardiblartfast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that's everything I currently use my iPad for, once he's comfortable with that I'm sure he will benefit from the host of apps that are out there.....

poncotop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think both netbook and iPad are great for business purposes.
i can do word processing, making n doing presentation, check emails and so many other things with my netbook, as well as with my iPad

if your looking for a very portable device with long battery life, iPad is your answer.
but if you prefer a netbook with also high portability, i'd recommend macbook air.

but if your boss checks his email pretty often, then the iPad, specifically the 3G version, will give your boss more option for mobile working...

hope it can be something to consider...

:D:D:D:D:D

Reaction score
Tell your boss to get an iPad and gotomypc app on the iPad and desktop.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Most reactions

Latest posts