What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you a fan of jailbreaking?

rjyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never JB anything but i want to. Sick and tired of not having multiple signatures for the different business accounts. My web based crm needs flash! Sick of using safari on websites and being forced to mobile sites that I don't want to be on.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
rjyuk said:
I have never JB anything but i want to. Sick and tired of not having multiple signatures for the different business accounts. My web based crm needs flash! Sick of using safari on websites and being forced to mobile sites that I don't want to be on.

You can probably solve those EXCEPT your flash based CRM. Don't go into jail breaking thinking you will get a complex app like that to work on iPad. You will struggle! Hope that helps.

rjyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
You can probably solve those EXCEPT your flash based CRM. Don't go into jail breaking thinking you will get a complex app like that to work on iPad. You will struggle! Hope that helps.

Hey thanks for the reply. I'll keep an eye on what folks have to say.

ret

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't felt a need to consider a JB so far .... And from what I understand, there is no JB for iPad2 yet

Spyder638

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was like a lot of you guys happy enough with no jailbreak. When I did I was amazed at how much stuff I was missing out on. This was back when there was no multitasking, folders and all that good stuff though. I still say it's worth a shot if you wish to optimise your iPad experience to suit your needs exactly!

Last edited:

noksucow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was like a lot of you guys happy enough with no jailbreak. When I did I was amazed at how much stuff I was missing out on. This was back when there was no multitasking, folders and all that good stuff though. I still say it's worth a shot if you was to optimise your iPad experience to suit your needs exactly!

I think you hit the nail on the head. If you've never done it or seen some of the different things that you can do then you'd be more than happy with a non-jailbroken iPad. The number of things have gone down over the years as Apple updates the OS and hopefully there will come a day when the need isn't there for most of us. Believe me. I'd rather not jailbreak if I don't "have" to.

Frenchroll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't knock it til you try it! It's a world different JMO, things like the way you can use the cck with an Sd card like an external Hdd for the pad, the activator, safari dlm, sbsettings, the way you can use displayout to mirror the entire ipad functions (including games) to the tv and not just vids and pics, and a ton of more stuff, kinda like upgrading from an iPad to an iPad pro or something..I love the iPad, but I don't like it being restricted when un jailbroken.

Last edited:

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll hack any device I get my mitts on just to try it out. Can't wait till I can JB my iPad 2.

kustard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a jailbreak available for the iPad 2 yet? I don't think I am going to jailbreak as I like the iPad the way it is but it'll be good to keep track of jailbreaks and stuff..

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kustard said:
Is there a jailbreak available for the iPad 2 yet? I don't think I am going to jailbreak as I like the iPad the way it is but it'll be good to keep track of jailbreaks and stuff..

JAILBREAK!!!!!! its so easy! Why wouldn't you? Takes 5 minutes and you will never go back! :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
kustard said:

No. Not yet.

Most reactions

Latest posts