What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Appshopper replacement?

joeswife5807

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a new iphone and Ive noticed many of the apps I was using on my ipad 2 are no longer available. One of the apps I used the most was called appshopper you could make a list of any apps you wanted to purchase and it tracks them in the app store and notifies you when they go on sale. Anyone know of a high quality replacement that does the same or similar? Also Im looking for suggestions for a great app for making lists

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just got a new iphone and Ive noticed many of the apps I was using on my ipad 2 are no longer available. One of the apps I used the most was called appshopper you could make a list of any apps you wanted to purchase and it tracks them in the app store and notifies you when they go on sale. Anyone know of a high quality replacement that does the same or similar? Also Im looking for suggestions for a great app for making lists

You won't be able to get a new app from the AppStore that does what the appshopper app did, Apple no longer allows that type of app to be sold in the AppStore. If you still have the app on your iPad 2, you can sync it with iTunes on your computer, which will store all the apps currently on your ipad, including appshopper, if you still have it, so that when you sync your iPhone you can transfer it from your computer to your iPhone.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You won't be able to get a new app from the AppStore that does what the appshopper app did, Apple no longer allows that type of app to be sold in the AppStore. If you still have the app on your iPad 2, you can sync it with iTunes on your computer, which will store all the apps currently on your ipad, including appshopper, if you still have it, so that when you sync your iPhone you can transfer it from your computer to your iPhone.

Makes no sense at all. Why was appshopper hurting apple? Stupid, IMO. If anything it drives more sales, I'd think.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This type of app requires more access to iOS than Apple is willing to grant, these days.

mr williams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the website is a better layout if you don't have the app sign up to the website

Most reactions

Latest posts