What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps Store - Games different from other categories?

EDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.violinmakersdb.com
In other categories, I'm able to find ALL the apps available by sorting by 'most popular' or 'release date'. But games seem to only show 'featured' or 'hot'...

How can I find the entire list?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
App store is a morass to wade through.
If you are interested in games it's better to check websites such as TouchArcade and check their forums.
Find I only use the store when I want to look something specific up.

OP
EDB

EDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.violinmakersdb.com
If you are interested in games it's better to check websites such as TouchArcade and check their forums.

Thanks to all who replied!

What the bleep is wrong with Apple - putting such a slow, difficult to use 'App Store' out there? I'd think simple and consistent sorting, AND returning to where you left off, and not always going back to the beginning would be prerequisites for a decent entry into products.

It's like they don't actually want your business?!

Again, I realize you are trying to help me...I just needed to vent. :D

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I agree with you. The really frustrating part of the App store is that it is SO much easier to navigate with an iPhone or iPod Touch. I understand the software side of the iPad (in regards to included apps) wasn't quite ready for prime time at launch, but knowing that the App Store is Apple's gravy train, I would have thought this would have been sorted out by now.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm sure Apple is only too aware of how congested the app store is. Even they have to load their iPads from it.
The question is when will the changes come and how radical will they be.
Frankly a good start would be to create three separate stores, iTunes, iApps and iMovies.
Whether they will go that far I don't know. Then theres the problem of subdivisions within those stores.

One thing is for sure and that's that they can't continue with the current setup much longer as content is continuing to grow fast.

Most reactions

Latest posts