What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps not downloading or updating. Pls help!!

najdorf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I'm a reasonable user of the ipad and I have been having a problem with the app store for the past few days.

Problem
======

Apps aren't getting updated nor I'm able to download new apps via the app store. But I could do the same by connecting to my laptop using itunes.
When I click to update apps, it returns to the home screen with "waiting" indicated in the app icon. It stays there for sometime and i get a pop up notification "Couldn't connect to itunes" after sometime. The same goes with installing new apps.

First occurance
===========

I experienced this problem first 4-5 days back and it was there out of blue. I didn't mess up with any settings nor did I try resetting the ipad.

Things I did
========

I tried to rectify the issue by doing few things including:
* Reset the network settings
* Update the ipad to its new iOS 4.3
* Erase the apple account in the settings--> app store and tried inputting my details all over again
* I powered off my ipad so many times and rebooted it as well.

Additional note
===========

My ipad was bought in USA and now being used in India. But my apple Id is that is US only. I also wanna add that I'm experiencing this problem after updating to the latest version of itunes 10.2.1 for windows 7. But I'm not very sure since I'm not keeping exact track of it. But it could also might be the case.

I don't know why this is happening but it's very irritating. The only thing I haven't tried to do it restoring the ipad to factory settings and I wanna keep that as the last option.

Kindly help me with your suggestions and solutions. I strongly regret if this problem has been discussed elsewhere in the forum. But I was unable to find any concrete solution anywhere. Also post here if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.
Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I'm a reasonable user of the ipad and I have been having a problem with the app store for the past few days.

Problem
======

Apps aren't getting updated nor I'm able to download new apps via the app store. But I could do the same by connecting to my laptop using itunes.
When I click to update apps, it returns to the home screen with "waiting" indicated in the app icon. It stays there for sometime and i get a pop up notification "Couldn't connect to itunes" after sometime. The same goes with installing new apps.

First occurance
===========

I experienced this problem first 4-5 days back and it was there out of blue. I didn't mess up with any settings nor did I try resetting the ipad.

Things I did
========

I tried to rectify the issue by doing few things including:
* Reset the network settings
* Update the ipad to its new iOS 4.3
* Erase the apple account in the settings--> app store and tried inputting my details all over again
* I powered off my ipad so many times and rebooted it as well.

Additional note
===========

My ipad was bought in USA and now being used in India. But my apple Id is that is US only. I also wanna add that I'm experiencing this problem after updating to the latest version of itunes 10.2.1 for windows 7. But I'm not very sure since I'm not keeping exact track of it. But it could also might be the case.

I don't know why this is happening but it's very irritating. The only thing I haven't tried to do it restoring the ipad to factory settings and I wanna keep that as the last option.

Kindly help me with your suggestions and solutions. I strongly regret if this problem has been discussed elsewhere in the forum. But I was unable to find any concrete solution anywhere. Also post here if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.
Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Sorry to hear of your problems! I know how frustrating this can be! You’re obviously an experienced user and have tried all the ‘usual solution’. And you set out the problem really clearly too! If only everyone was so meticulous!

May I ask a few other questions?

Are you connecting via WiFi or 3G?
Can you connect to the Internet using Safari or Mail (sorry, had to ask....)?

Tim
Scotland

ShMaLeB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same Here!!

This is really agrivating! Not only are the apps not updating, they are not reinstalling either! This happened after i updated to ios 4.3.2. I also cant get any sound either. I did jailbreak it though but i upgraded so that got rid of it. If anyone comes up with a solution please post!

Terry Tibbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Suffering the same problem. It also takes a little while of waiting after pressing update to actually go to the home screen, so your sitting there thinking its not working and pressing it again, which doesn't do anything, as you have to press it and then wait. Downloading the new firmwire (the one that only fixes one small thing but still requires a 600 mb download) now to see if that helps?!?

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A kind-of solution

Hi everyone! I am having the same problem, but i erase one by selecting it for a while until it can move, but i touch the x botton to erase it, and redownloaded and it seems to be solved. I hope it works for you too. :)

Altoesq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I get a message saying the app will be available when I go to my laptop, but it won't download there either.

frajer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.
Same problem with me. With my iPad :). Nor apps nor books do not download anymore. Neither update does not work. It happend this morning for the first time. I tried with canceling downloading new apps, but no success. Still everything is waiting...
Franci

iPad2 64GB Wifi

frajer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to add thus, cause I think I remember now when my troubles started.
Yesterday I wanted to download one free song from iTunes. It didn't because of an error. After that I tried to download few other songs. Nothing. Just wait... Everything. The one with error and others.
The problem is that you cannot cancel things that had been purchased in iTunes :(
Franci

frajer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I found a solution. Really iTunes download is the problem. It freezes at 13,7kb. As I cannot delete them I just pause all downloads. Now all other updates and apps'/books' downloads finnished ok.
Still other problem exists: how to delete downloads in iTunes?!?

Chudley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I seem to be having similar issues, as i recently got an iPhone my iPad has been allowed to have a rest, so i had 32 updates earlier, now i have 10 stuburn ones that are stuck on waiting. Ive tried most of the things, turn off and on, but i know its working as i managed to update 22 of my other apps, sono payment problems account problems etc. Is this an apple istore problem? As after some research there seems to be lots of people with the same problem.

Its really annoying!!

cstorm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had this problem also.

I ran into this problem and found this forum. The solution that worked for me: go to iTunes on your desktop -> Store Menu -> View My Account -> Scroll to the bottom and click "Reset" next to "Reset all warnings for buying and downloading".

When I did this it had turned out that I had actually downloaded the updates, but the my system had gotten stuck somewhere in this initializing display, so I not only got everything working I no longer had updates in my queue.

Hope this helps.

Mel2r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ran into this problem and found this forum. The solution that worked for me: go to iTunes on your desktop -> Store Menu -> View My Account -> Scroll to the bottom and click "Reset" next to "Reset all warnings for buying and downloading".

When I did this it had turned out that I had actually downloaded the updates, but the my system had gotten stuck somewhere in this initializing display, so I not only got everything working I no longer had updates in my queue.

Hope this helps.

I really appreciate this post. I was have the exact same problem. Your fix did it for me also.

Most reactions

Latest posts