What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store & iTunes not loading

ikanoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
App Store still does not work (always loading). itunes on the ipad also
does not load. Other programs that use the internet, such as TED videos, have no issues.

Here is a partial list of everything I have tried over the past several days:

- tried holding both buttons for full restart many times over.
- tried signing out and signing in of Apple ID many times over
- tried reset all settings with restart several times
- tried erase all content and settings with restart at least three times
- tried connecting when connected to itunes on desktop (Desktop connects to itunes - ipad won't load App Store or itunes)
- tried turning off all firewall security on DSL router
- tried resetting all internet settings again
- tried resetting router (factory reset) and reconfiguring connection from scratch
- updated ipad os through itunes on desktop
- tried changing the broadcast channel of the router
- contacted Apple twice

App store icon shows that there are three (now four) notifications (which is new), but
still does not load. itunes also still refuses to load.

At a complete loss and the provided links on the apple community website have not offered any new
solutions apart from throwing the device out a window.

What is the next step to get this annoying problem resolved?

Currently frustrated and disappointed with product, but appreciative of possible solutions.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are currently mutliple outtages being reported concerning iOS to include iTunes, iMessages and FaceTime.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is not universal, so it's unlikely that Apple will be able to fix it with an update. I read yesterday that there were problems with iMessage so I tried it and it worked between Western Canada and Australia. The App Store is also working here.

I hesitate before blaming the hurricane in the Eastern US, but I suspect that may have something to do with it.

If you gave experienced problems since updating to iOS 6 it might be worth resetting network settings. If you haven't updated, or your problems predate the update, I'm at a loss.

Changing DNS to Google's public server (8.8.8.8) has worked for quite a few people.

Dees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated to 6.01 this morning Melbourne time, and it worked...iTunes store opened and then allowed me to update everything. I had tried a few other things, like date changes, but this was the golden touch. Good luck to everyone...hope it works for you.:eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts