What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps Disappeared

Hugh07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

After I used iTunes to add music to my new Ipad 2 all the apps that I had downloaded including the files associated with the apps were gone.:mad:
I have since downloaded the apps again and have not lost any important data this time.
Does anyone know how this might have happened and how can I avoid a repeat.

Thanks,
Hugh

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hugh07 said:
Hi,

After I used iTunes to add music to my new Ipad 2 all the apps that I had downloaded including the files associated with the apps were gone.:mad:
I have since downloaded the apps again and have not lost any important data this time.
Does anyone know how this might have happened and how can I avoid a repeat.

Thanks,
Hugh

I tunes has a strange way of working! Open iTunes and disable auto sync. ( this will not effect os updates) disabling it will give you control over what is copied and removed from your iPad.

Scroll to the apps tab, and tick the box that says " auto sync apps"

Repeat this process for music, photos, videos, ticking the folders that you want on your iPad. ( you may have to point iTunes to the folders you want to sync) once you are happy you have the items you want, connect your iPad, highlight it in the left hand pane and click sync.

Hope this helps.....You should not pay twice for apps you already own. Post back and let us know how you get on :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts