What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps Crashing

sc4215

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad version 1, and for some reason I can be playing a game and it just stops and reverts to the iPad main screen with your apps on. It is doing it at the same point in the game (FIFA 12) but has done it on lots of other games. The wifi signal strength is good and I think I have the most up to date operating system?
Any help greatly appreciated!

Mike:(

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad version 1, and for some reason I can be playing a game and it just stops and reverts to the iPad main screen with your apps on. It is doing it at the same point in the game (FIFA 12) but has done it on lots of other games. The wifi signal strength is good and I think I have the most up to date operating system?
Any help greatly appreciated!

Mike:(
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Sorry to hear that some of your apps are crashing. There are three things to do, one after the other and at least one of them will usually cure it...

Quit Apps: To quit an app double press the Home button and the Multitasking Tray will appear at the bottom of the screen revealing all of the open apps. Tap and hold any app icon until all of the icons start jiggling. A red circle with a "-" (minus sign) will appear in the upper left-hand corner of each icon. Tap the red circle and the app will close.

Restart the iPad: Press and hold down the Sleep/wake switch on the top edge of the iPad for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad down. Restart the iPad by pressing the Sleep/wake switch until the Apple logo appears.

Reset the iPad: You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake switch on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process takes a few minutes and then the iPad should be responsive again. More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

BTW, I moved your post to the iPad Help area where you’re likely to get a better response to your question.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts