What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 Internet crashes?

Chimera778

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the most up to date version of iOS running on my original iPad and now I am having continuous problems with the Internet. Sites like Facebook (not the app) or salon.com always crash multiple times when using either safari or mercury Internet browsers. Other sites crash as well, but those two seem to be the most frequent right now. I have tried deleting cookies and history and restarting, I have also tried completely resetting the iPad and nothing seems to do anything. I dont know if other apps crash too, I mostly just use it for Internet browsing. Does anyone have any idea of what is going on here and how to fix it?

Thank you.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your problem is almost certainly related to the limited RAM of the iPad 1. The iPad 1 only has 256MB of Ram where the newer iPads have up to 1GB. The crashes are only going to get worse over time as apps and websites demand more and more resources to function properly.

All you can do is to continue to close all apps except the one you're using and keep clearing things as you have been doing.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sites which are graphic intensive will crash for you with FB being one of the biggest as far as how much ram it needs to run.

The iPad 1 is very old in technology terms now......just keep doing what you are doing, it's really the only steps you can take short of buying a newer iPad. Turning off Location Services will also save you a little more ram.

Most reactions

Latest posts