What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App. Store search preference settings

mikeyd32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

When I go to the app store and begin a search, the iPad automatically uses the filter "release date" to arrange/present the apps.

I usually go the filter settings and choose "most popular" then search.

When I select an app to check out, and then return to the search, (this can be several pages later), the filter has now reverted to the default of release date, and is back at the beginning. There seems to be no way to lock the filter that I'm aware of.

I have rebooted and I have the most current version if the iPad 2 software, but can't seem to fix this. Any help is appreciated.

Mike

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is, unfortunately, a 'feature' (aka 'bug') of the App Store and annoys most everyone - hopefully Apple will fix this one day!!

Tim

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This really is a nuisance, what I do is make a note of the apps I want to check out while I'm going through the list. When I finish scrolling is when I will check out certain apps more fully

Most reactions