apps crash after upgrading to iOS 4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by looopass, May 24, 2011.

1. looopass

looopass iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use the first generation of iPad. I upgraded the os to 4.3.3 through itunes. After that, any of the apps I obtained from apps store will simply crash whenever I try to launch it. I don't jailbreak the device, and every app I have downloaded is from the official store. People tell me to reboot it by holding the top and bottom buttons at the same time. I have tried for a few times, but everything remains the same. I don't know why. I am so regretful now!

Anyone could help? Thanks.

2. peled

peled iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The first step is to find the power button. When you are holding your iPad, it should be in portrait mode, or the how you hold a book, with the long sides vertical. The power button on the iPad should be on the top right hand side.

After you have located the power button on the iPad, you will want to hold down that button for 3 seconds. Then, then a rectangular box should pop up on your iPad that has a white arrow facing toward the right.

Once you see the slider button, simply slide your finger along the iPad to power off. Once you have slid the button, the iPad should shut down on its own.

Before you turn your iPad back on you will want to wait 10-15 seconds. Then locate the power button, and hold it for 3 seconds; your iPad should power up. Once you have reset your iPad, you performance should improve.

3. looopass

looopass iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    that doesn't work

Hi. Thanks for your reply. But as I have written in the first pose of this thread, I not only tried the power button, but also the combination of power button and home button. I press both of them and hold for more than 10 seconds to turn it off. And I wait for a while before turning it on again. But that doesn't help.

4. JimButler1969

JimButler1969 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same problem

Have emailed the Apple guru at work, will let you know if I figure out a fix.

Fixed! Just download and install any new app, even a free one, and it resets the chae or something. Dead easy.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  5. jansindenver

jansindenver iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tried the suggestion of downloading any app to fix problem of apps shutting down after downloading OS update 4.3.3 to reset the "chae" but didn't work:confused: