What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple's IPAD os 4.2 major problem

iguy75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed iOS 4.2 and all it has done is made my ipad useless it gets stuck, it sits frozen, ive tried rebooting ... everything. Not ANY of the solutions people have suggested have worked - and no, I'm not some stupid *ss person who cant maneuver technology - i know what i'm doing ... so its not me. I'm so irritated and sick of this crap. I've attempted to contact apple but they want me to 'purchase' customer care service, and you cant talk to anyone on the phone because they are closed for the holiday', as if their stupid *ss software and customer service could afford to not be immediately available to resolve problems with our ipads that THEY have caused. It is so irresponsible for them to put out an update that would RUIN my ipad without properly testing it first. We spend good money during an economic depression on their crap not because we want to 'play' with their ipad, but because its supposed to facilitate our lives ... not complicate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know what you feel, since I went through a similar crisis. for 12 Hours it was a useless piece of S..
Any way...
Did your iPAd was Jail Broken , or just broken ?
Can't you reset it to Factory Default, and then just Sync the applications you downloaded ?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand, totally. If you have indeed tried everything, have you thought of going into the Apple Store?

The first two days after I purchased my iPad ~ well ~ trust me ~ at our local mall, when I walk into the Apple store ~ they know me well.

They were so there for me and very helpful. Do you have a store near you?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DONT install that crap. I installed it and all it has done is turned my ipad into a useless piece of crap. it gets stuck, it sits frozen, ive tried rebooting ... everything. Not ANY of the solutions people have suggested have worked - and no, I'm not some stupid *ss person who cant maneuver technology - i know what i'm doing ... so its not me. I'm so irritated and sick of this crap. I've attempted to contact apple but they want me to friggin 'purchase' customer care service, and you cant talk to anyone on the phone because they are 'cloased for the holiday', as if their stupid *ss software and sh*tty *ss customer service could afford to not be immediately available to resolve friggin problems with our ipads that THEY have caused. It is so irresponsible for them to put out an update that would friggin RUIN my ipad without properly testing it first. We spend good money during an economic depression on their crap not because we want to 'play' with their ipad, but because its supposed to facilitate our lives ... not friggin complicate it.

Actually it's been tested for months.

Just bring it to an apple store...no iPads are out of warranty until April. Not really an awesome first post btw.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are having a bad day

DONT install that crap. I installed it and all it has done is turned my ipad into a useless piece of crap. it gets stuck, it sits frozen, ive tried rebooting ... everything. Not ANY of the solutions people have suggested have worked - and no, I'm not some stupid *ss person who cant maneuver technology - i know what i'm doing ... so its not me. I'm so irritated and sick of this crap. I've attempted to contact apple but they want me to 'purchase' customer care service, and you cant talk to anyone on the phone because they are closed for the holiday', as if their stupid *ss software and customer service could afford to not be immediately available to resolve problems with our ipads that THEY have caused. It is so irresponsible for them to put out an update that would RUIN my ipad without properly testing it first. We spend good money during an economic depression on their crap not because we want to 'play' with their ipad, but because its supposed to facilitate our lives ... not complicate it.

First welcome to the forum I understand your frustrations but going off the deep end does not resolve any thing. First your problem can be resolved in one of 2 ways
1. As Gentle fury stated return the ipad to Apple store for replacement if in fact it is a hardware issue and or at the same time seek advice on how to correct it.
2. Provide us with what hardware you have that includes type of computer pc or mac and operating system plus version of iTunes installed. We also need to know if your iPad was jail broken or not.What was your date of purchase would be of help but not necessary for providing answers.

Based on your response I know with our team we can resolve the issue for you and at least advise in fact if it is in fact a software or hardware issue.

In respect with Apple closed on a public holiday that is normal, when you purchased your iPad you had limited phone support and it sounds like that's expired so your best bet is take it in to Apple or let us try to assist.

As stated in another thread majority of users are more than happy with the upgrade and most had no problems however in saying that a small group suffered lock up etc and based on what you have said you are one of them.

Again let's us help ok this is a private forum we volunteer our support

Most reactions