What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Applecare plus versus Squaretrade

mac.junkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amex might extend the initial warranty, but won't cover damages if you drop it and break it like apple care+

American Express has accidental damage coverage for 90 days from date of purchase, but that's it. Also, if you buy AppleCare+ the AMEX warranty kicks in the third year (for one additional year) but, I believe, only covers hardware issues the third year. For free, it's a great deal.

Patrick9654

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever needed to use square trade or know of anyone who did?
Thanks

Gattamom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Square Trade coverage on my iPad 2 and used it when the screen shattered after it fell off of a counter (with a sickening "thud!", I might add). At the time I bought it Applecare cost $129 for ONE year and did not cover accidental damage, vs. $79 for Square Trade.

They offered me a choice of sending me a mailer and having them repair or replace it, or taking it to my local Apple store and getting reimbursed. I took it in to Apple the next day and walked out with a brand new one. Square Trade sent me a check in less than 2 weeks. At the time, it was a no-brainer, and ST's service could not have been better. Now that Apple has dropped the price and increased the coverage it is not as easy a decision.

Most reactions

Latest posts