What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Applecare vs. Squaretrade (really, it's a new discussion!)

KatyLL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It may exist, but I don't see any relatively new threads about protection plans.

I just bought an iPad3, and I noticed that while Applecare has damage coverage, it only lasts for 2 years. You can buy a Squaretrade policy for three years.

Applecare is $99 from Apple for two years, and Squaretrade is $129 for three years (meaning Applecare is an extra year in addition to the year you get when you buy an iPad, and Squaretrade is two additional years in addition to the year with the iPad.)

So...which woud you get? Pros and cons!

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Personally, I bought AppleCare when I purchased my iPad. I wasn't even aware of other options such as Squaretrade.

OP
K

KatyLL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. When you move on up to your next ipad, you'll probably have heard enough to consider it! (I tend to hang onto things longer than most people, so an extra year of protection is good for me.)

Most reactions

Latest posts