What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Weighs Up Options for Next iPad Mini

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So this one will be an iPad 3 in a mini case........ Same old same old

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
therealriley said:

To me, I wouldn't mind because it wouldn't be same old. I currently own an iPad 2, so getting an iPad with 3 guts would be great!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

If a mini had the guts of an iPad 3, it would be a quite powerful tablet with a 300 ppi screen, which is much higher than the iPad 3.

It is curious that some people seem to want change for no other reason than because it is different.

One feature I would like to see in an apple table is a Wacom digitizer. But it might take a while for them to get there.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you reckon apple will be forced to go down the flexi screen route? I think they will release a budget one first then put all the tech and more into the following model. This way they get more money from us.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
I think "flexiscreen" would be released as a very high end premium product in the first generation.

Apple is more likely to begin focussing on the emerging market economies where iOS products
have but a small fraction of market share.

This week's report of an economy class iPhone being in the works seems to be evidence of such a strategy.

http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/i...international-results-point-to-low-end-iphone

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
I think "flexiscreen" would be released as a very high end premium product in the first generation.

Apple is more likely to begin focussing on the emerging market economies where iOS products
have but a small fraction of market share.

This week's report of an economy class iPhone being in the works seems to be evidence of such a strategy.

http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/investing/trading-desk/blog.html?b=business.financialpost.com/2013/01/09/apples-international-results-point-to-low-end-iphone

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Or maybe not. This link was posted in the iPhone Forums news section a few days ago.http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/01/10/phil-schiller-denies-budget-iphone/

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
scifan57 said:
Or maybe not. This link was posted in the iPhone Forums news section a few days ago.http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/01/10/phil-schiller-denies-budget-iphone/

Perhaps. But this is the same company that said it wasn't interested in a small screen tablet device.

Seriously Apple does need to address its thin presence in emerging markets. In a world where portable computing devices / phones have become commodities,
the price point eventually becomes a consideration. Personally I believe if Apple doesn't move in that direction - shareholders will. Again - my opinion only.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Perhaps. But this is the same company that said it wasn't interested in a small screen tablet device.

Seriously Apple does need to address its thin presence in emerging markets. In a world where portable computing devices / phones have become commodities,
the price point eventually becomes a consideration. Personally I believe if Apple doesn't move in that direction - shareholders will. Again - my opinion only.

Apple doesn't need to play in the commodity game...it can let other vendors do that. If they get into the cheap game, it will ruin their brand. Remember, they don't need to be everywhere...there is plenty of space for others to play. There will always be plenty of people who will and can afford a premium-level toy.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Apple doesn't need to play in the commodity game...it can let other vendors do that. If they get into the cheap game, it will ruin their brand. Remember, they don't need to be everywhere...there is plenty of space for others to play. There will always be plenty of people who will and can afford a premium-level toy.

Hard to argue with that. They sell all they can make. Once the mini gets fully loaded it will be the standard iPad, me thinks.

dustbuster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my mini. Why didn't they release this a month ago? I feel like I got cheated. TOTAL CRAP APPLE...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dustbuster said:
I just got my mini. Why didn't they release this a month ago? I feel like I got cheated. TOTAL CRAP APPLE...

What changed your mind so fast? 10 minutes before you made this pst you ASIs the mini was a great device.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dustbuster said:

Ouch I am starting to here these words with a lot of apples fans, hope apple know what there doing I would hate having to go with an android tablet to avoid being cheated.

Most reactions

Latest posts