1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Apple Tablet may not include OLED Screen

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by iDan, Jan 18, 2010.

1. iDan

iDan Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +93 / 2
    Macrumors reports that the Apple Tablet may not have the OLED screen has previously thought. Even as recent as last week I read something that suggested there was a shortage for 10.1 inch OLED screens.

2. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    It's good to see actual "speculation" backed up by logical thinking and facts to support the point.

I wouldn't put it past Apple to convince a supplier to shift 90% of it's capabilities to it's needs to win future business though.

They have done similar with NAND chips in the past.
  3. new2u

new2u iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would however love it to have an OLED screen, they are so dang nice. I would however not like it as much if it were to cost $2000. It would have to be a substantial upgrade to the original to be worth an extra 1000 dollars.
  4. iDoug

iDoug Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I have a feeling that if Apple ordered enough someone would get it done :cool: