Apple Store Pick-Up Confirmation - Where is it????

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by billb1950, Mar 14, 2012.

1. billb1950

billb1950
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hello Everyone,

I ordered the iPad3 over the phone with Apple on March 8. As of March 14, my order still says "Order Being Processed". I have yet to receive a confirmation that the iPad3 will actually BE at the Apple store on March 16. When I ordered it, the Apple sales person said it would definitely be available. (The store is in Indianapolis). I called Apple yesterday about this "Order Being Processed" status and the person on the phone said that the store in Indy won't e-mail the confirmation until the evening of March 15. I don't know if this is correct or she just made this up! Has anyone else pre-ordered for an "in-store pickup" and gotten an actual confirmation that the iPad 3 is AT the store????

Thanks for your help and advice,
    Bill

2. pkay1

pkay1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    You were lied to you cannot preorder you have to queue for store pickups I am going thurs teatime to be sure.
    Start queueing or you will not get one I guarantee it mate.

3. billb1950

billb1950
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the info. But here in the US, I pre-ordered the iPad1, and they were piled behind the counter on release day with everyone's names on them. And if you didn't pre-order, you were in a different line, and had to wait. So I'm not sure what their policy is.... Does ANYONE really know? I do know that with all this chaos, my days of sleeping on the sidewalk in front of an Apple store are over!

4. netsecpro

netsecpro
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Actually,In Store pickup was available as an option online when I ordered mine on Thursday evening.

5. billb1950

billb1950
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Nice. That makes me feel much better. The only e-mail I received since March 8 is that the order is processing. What about you? Any actual "Pick-Up" confirmation?

6. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I ordered mine on March 8 and it says to pick it up on March 16 at the local Apple store, but I still have not received a confirmation email from Apple. I don't know what to think of that. I'm showing up at the Apple store tomorrow anyway.

EDIT: I just got my confirmation email saying that my iPad order is ready to be picked up tomorrow! YAY.

#6 AQ_OC, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  7. billb1950

billb1950
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Excellent. And at 3:00 PM Eastern Time, I just got MY confirmation that my iPad is ready to be picked up tomorrow. Incidentally, I live 140 north of Indianapolis, so I didn't want to make this 280 mile round trip for nothing. My son-in-law was in Indianapolis today, so he stopped at the store. The guy there told him I was going to get my iPad, and that I was very LUCKY, because they didn't get that many in-store pick-ups!

8. Patrizia_NC

Patrizia_NC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I am also surprised because I read you can't pre order.. glad mine is coming to the door, I can't imagine trying to fight that mess or why anyone would want too though.. LOL

9. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    That's why I love Wal-Mart lol I'll be getting mine pretty much tonight, at 12:01am :) And I live in the middle of nowhere, don't assume many people will be there and they have 12 of each unit in stock. I'll have my new iPad before a lot of people are going to bed tonight lol

10. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I got in line last year and it was a very pleasant experience. I think you might be thinking on some big city or something. Not everyone lives in a megacity. And they have one line for pre-orders at the Apple store and another for walk ups, so....

Oh...and you can pre-order...I did on March 8. Others here did as well. Apparently they only set aside so many for pre-order, though, so after they were gone the pickup date got pushed back...but you can certainly walk in a store and buy one and then cancel your delayed pick up pre-order.

#10 AQ_OC, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012