Store Pick-up + Cases in stock to Boot *PIC*

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by iserian, Apr 3, 2010.

1. iserian

iserian iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First in Reserved Line for Pickup - pleasantly surprised that cases were in stock as well. Ended up with a 16, 32 and 64 and a case for each.

Was kicking myself for not just pre-ordering but overall glad that I was able to pick it up first AM and not have to wait for the UPS truck.

Attached Files:

2. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    yeah im annoyed my case won't ship for 2 weeks!!! I might have to run over to the apple store or best buy tom to see if I can get one and cancel my case order.
  3. iserian

iserian iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cases were flying off the shelf at the store -- Gal who was taking my $$ thought they would run through the supply in the first hour.
  4. Ghuda

Ghuda iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wondering when you got there to be first in line?
  5. iserian

iserian iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    6:30 -- Most folks did not arrive until 8:- 9:00 ----- When I left there may have been a couple hundred in line at most.
  6. LMControl

LMControl iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Little bummed that Apple didn't see fit to ship these products to paying customers when they were obviously ready for shipment to retail outlets.

I'm getting the case on the 12th and dock on the 9th. :(

Kinda crazy, but paying customers should come first.
  7. iserian

iserian iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Case is Must have Accessory

I almost ordered three cases online last night when I saw posts saying folks had tracking numbers for them etc.... I'm glad that I did not.

They also had the dock in stock but I'm going to wait to see what 3rd party options show up.

Attached Files:

8. LMControl

LMControl iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Glad you got yours. I can live without the accessories as long as I get the iPad today! ;)
  9. Rasputina

Rasputina iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wonder if the ipad also has the chip put in the new iphone and ipod touches so that after market docks can't charge it? I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
  10. rtking

rtking iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I ordered my case on the first day of the pre-order and it'll arrive by April 6 (it's been shipped with a tracking number.) Sadly, my 64GB 3G Ipad won't ship until "late April." Not sure how Apple decided who to ship accessories to, and who should wait...
  11. jaspertyler

jaspertyler iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went to Best Buy today to just check out the Ipad (I'm waiting for 3g). They did not yet have accessories.
  12. iserian

iserian iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep - also went to a best buy -- I was told they only got 5 IPAD's and no accessories.

I'm really liking the Case - not sure what I'd do with the Ipad w/out the case since its not that easy to hold for periods of time w/out holding onto the case.
  13. Superbike81

Superbike81 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    My case is scheduled for delivery the same day as the iPad, Monday.
  14. iserian

iserian iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looks like they are getting stock.
  15. CaptKirk

CaptKirk iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I got the case with mine and not impressed with the case at all. I don't like the sharp edges and the cheap feel. Replacing the Apple binder case is number one on my list.....anyone else feel the same?
  16. iserian

iserian iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    IMO best case available now:)

It does everything I need it to do.
  17. digitalbits6

digitalbits6 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I ordered a case with my iPad on March 12. I just got the UPS case tracking number on Friday with a delivery date of April 9th. My iPad was delivered just before 10am today. But I went to the Apple Store to pickup my Store reserved one and the Apple Store had lots of cases flying off the shelves. So I got one to protect my iPad for my trip on Monday. Apple we selling lots of accessories with the iPads - cases, skins, Apple Care, Mobile Me, wireless keyboards, dock (but no combo keyboard dock)

The Apple Store has 175 people in line at the 9am store opening. I understand that they were still selling 2 hours later after clearing the first 175 - 200 people, many with reservations.
  18. Seadog

Seadog Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    I suspect that they allocated so many to the stores and they were all bundled in crates. The accessories probably shipped to the stores weeks ago and were held at warehouses, so they were not going to be able to split things up to make the pre-order group happy.

OK, my day was planned without my wife taking any desires of mine to go to an Apple store. We had a family dinner this afternoon in OKC and about 3:30 the wives start talking shopping. So the computer familar BIL and I decide to go the Penn Square for a check out. Trying to find a parking space was almost impossible, but Penn is often like that. We finally decided to just leave, when I spied a car pulling out of a choice spot......of course, we were on the other side of the mall from the Apple store. We got to the store and no lines to get in. Just about three or four greeters. The store was busier than I have ever seen it. They also had rearranged things since the last time I was there. Looks like they made more room for display tables and wall racks.

There were a number of iPads there and lots of people trying them out, but still a lot of iphone, iMac, and MacBook customers. And lots of help from Apple techs. I got an impression that many of the kids that were there, came to check out the iPad, and then got to looking at the iPod Touch and iPhone. Which makes more sense from their point of view. It could be that not only will they sell a bunch of iPads, but also a lot of Touch/iPhones.

After a good deal of hands-on experience, I liked what I saw and could do. There are some issues that will need to be dealt with over the next few months, but what else is new. Even though the store models had been on all day, they were not even very warm. I am anxious to get my hands on my 3G version. They also had lots of accessories in stock, including plenty of the cases. They had several cases and bags from other companies. One that was a variation on the iPad case, looked nice, but was twice the price. The only thing they did not have was any camera connection kits.

I talked to the techs a bit, and they said they still had plenty of iPads left, but they were surprised because most of them were 16G models. One idiot, when I asked about the 3G models said that it would be about a month. When I said that even the international buyers would have them on the 24th, he said that maybe they will have them then.

There will be a lot of gadgets coming out to support the iPad. It is going to be an interesting year ahead.
  19. jizmo

jizmo iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't think apple came anywhere close to selling them out today.
  20. DanaNgidhu

DanaNgidhu iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I had ordered a case too, but it will not ship until the 20th of April. Best Buy in Alexandria will not case accessories until next Friday, the 9th. I went to the Apple store at Pentagon City and they had plenty. Got a nice leather one that folds and props. $59.00 plus tax.

Dana