Apple sent me an ipad 4 instead of 3 last Christmas

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by Number, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Number

Number iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I never knew, until now when I just looked up the serial numbers. I had never bothered to research it, but I just assumed it had a new charger, but tonight I looked at the serial number for the first time, and behold it is an ipad 4. The thing about this that makes me sad is I hope that I didn't get an ipad 4, and some kid that ordered a 4 got a 3. It is 8 months late to tell Apple about it, and has way too much personal information, but do these mistakes happen often? or was is something they did for a lot of people as a Christmas present thing?

2. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,874 / 6
    Hi, welcome to iPF!

iPad 3 was discontinued in October 2012. Maybe this is the explanation why you got iPad 4 instead of 3.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  3. Victor Ruidera

Victor Ruidera iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    The reason is that the iPad 3 was discontinued in October 2012. But I could say its better rather than an iPad 3. Way WAAAAAAYYYY better, of course some apps that are found in iPad 2 are not found it iPad 4, trust me, those apps are the BEST OF THE BEST APPS! (iPad 3 doesn't have some of those, and most of those are really awesome)