1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Apple sent me an ipad 4 instead of 3 last Christmas

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by Number, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Number

Number iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I never knew, until now when I just looked up the serial numbers. I had never bothered to research it, but I just assumed it had a new charger, but tonight I looked at the serial number for the first time, and behold it is an ipad 4. The thing about this that makes me sad is I hope that I didn't get an ipad 4, and some kid that ordered a 4 got a 3. It is 8 months late to tell Apple about it, and has way too much personal information, but do these mistakes happen often? or was is something they did for a lot of people as a Christmas present thing?
  2. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,558 / 1
    Hi, welcome to iPF!

iPad 3 was discontinued in October 2012. Maybe this is the explanation why you got iPad 4 instead of 3.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  3. Victor Ruidera

Victor Ruidera iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    The reason is that the iPad 3 was discontinued in October 2012. But I could say its better rather than an iPad 3. Way WAAAAAAYYYY better, of course some apps that are found in iPad 2 are not found it iPad 4, trust me, those apps are the BEST OF THE BEST APPS! (iPad 3 doesn't have some of those, and most of those are really awesome)